On the fence..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to be buying some tires soon (Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 315/70/17), but debating whether to do wheels at the same time or not. If I get wheels, I'd be going with the 17x8" method mesh. I know the factory wheels are hub centric and the methods are lug centric. Maybe I'm being too critical, but is there any problem going this route as far as stress on the wheel? I like the looks of the factory wheels, but would like to shave the 4lbs off each corner as is advertised by Method. I guess I'm asking if I'll regret dropping the cash on new wheels? Please advise!

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the mesh on my 2014 screw now and love them. They push the tires out about 1/4-1/2". I think they look great.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

OP
OP
Krab

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the mesh on my 2014 screw now and love them. They push the tires out about 1/4-1/2". I think they look great.

Does it make the rock flinging even worse? Chipped any paint on your doors since having them installed?

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it make the rock flinging even worse? Chipped any paint on your doors since having them installed?

Haven't had them in too tough an off-road environment. Dirt roads and some mild two tracks and no issues at all. The do spray mud and dirt quite a bit because of the overhang. I wouldn't mind it at all if it weren't for all the road construction around me where they're saw cutting concrete and that grey spray gets everywhere...