Factory bead lock bolt question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navywolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a special bolt , not uncommon in automotive. Will be hard to match exactly outside of fomoco.

If you only need a couple, I'd go with ford. If you want to change, find the best match you can.

I've yet to find that exact bolt at Ford. The only one I see related to the ring kit is the allen set up for the beauty rings. With the specs, maybe the can match it up.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Ok, so here's a crappy pic. The bolt is flanged and has a washer.

I'm not great with bolts, so maybe someone can convert this info.

Head diameter 13mm
Shank dia 9.4mm
Thread diameter is 9.8mm
Root Dia 7.5mm

Length is 40, including the 5mm non threaded tip.

Bolt_zps5xhgi3tb.jpg

That's awesome. Thank you for taking the time to measure one out. Now I have something to work with and try to find. May check your specs with Fastenal, unless Ford can find one based on the specs.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

They are 8.8's hex with a built in washer (which is something like a grade 5) IIRC. I have to count mine today to make sure I have them all, so I can get more info for you. I'm sure you can get some from fastenal or similar, not a big deal since you probably want them all to match anyway.

Another question is do you want to run true beadlocks or sell them and get beauty rings.

I wasn't intending to run full beadlocks. There is very little chance to run the truck as designed out here on the east coast. I had intended to run the beauty ring, but this is what I wound up with.
I did think about selling or swapping with someone, just figured without the bolts I'd have a hard time accomplishing that.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't intending to run full beadlocks. There is very little chance to run the truck as designed out here on the east coast. I had intended to run the beauty ring, but this is what I wound up with.
I did think about selling or swapping with someone, just figured without the bolts I'd have a hard time accomplishing that.

Ford's official answer on these bolts is "buy a new ring" @DezertRacer had some spares a few months back, I don't know if it's enough for what you've got.

I'd bet you could do an even swap with no bolts for beauty rings.

It'd be ugly, but you should be able to mount the tires in non-beadlock configuration and run with no ring.

Last edited:

navywolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife mentioned running them without the ring to. I agree with you that wouldn't look to hot. I'll just wait until I have working rings one way or the other. The original rims are perfect, so no reason to rush this.

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife mentioned running them without the ring to. I agree with you that wouldn't look to hot. I'll just wait until I have working rings one way or the other. The original rims are perfect, so no reason to rush this.

How about call one of the manufacturers that make rock rings and have them customize to the O.D. of the Ford wheel. Have them match or provide bolts to fit the setup. You'll have a pretty sweet looking setup.

Here's a pic with an OMF rock ring mounted on a method tire for example.

7a9214f0b42f584ee8e7bfc328def769.jpg

Stole picture from this thread.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f29/method-standards-35-toyo-mts-omf-rings-vince-flush-caps-48816/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: