Eagle 012 in a +8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EagleOffroad

EagleOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can someone post a pic of the STOCK OEM lug? or explain why it is you cannot use stock lugnuts on aftermarket wheel? We are planning on these new wheels being hubcentric and drilled to accept the stock lugs. stay tuned and thanks for the help

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on this?
I'm willing to bet the stock lug is acorn shaped/rounded where it interfaces with the wheel and aftermarket wheels are generally drilled for a standard conical (straight taper) seat. I could be wrong though because I have not looked at the stock lugs. I had someone else rotate them for me recently.

OP
OP
EagleOffroad

EagleOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's an update:

Customer who tested the fitment of the wheels for us got the wheels friday and took them out to an off-roading event over the weekend.
- Stock lugs did not fit these 1st test wheels (too wide) working to resolve this.
- Turning lock to lock no rubbing issues (35x12.50r17 General Red Letters)
- Suspension Compression, Customer said he jumped the truck to compress the suspension and the wheel tire cleared the fender with no issues.

So far so good! I believe the next set of wheels we put out should solve the lug issue and be hubcentric!
As far as a 20inch wheel that clears a big brake kit, I would have to measure the x-factor of the brakes before I would know if our current wheel fits or if we could modify a wheel for it.
Stay Tuned for pics!