Duratrac balancing issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or a poor balance job

That's the question - are these tires more prone to balance issues than others? Wobble at highway speed would be a deal breaker for me, as my truck is my DD.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having ran a set of studded Duratracs on stock wheels (PropDr's old set) I can say that mine are very smooth.

I have also heard of people getting bad sets that just would not balance out. I would go to Goodyear and let them take care of it personally.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All large tires are difficult to balance.

Bingo. It took more weight than average to balance my Duratracs on OEM wheels, but I've had no problems since. Rotated them once and still no problems. Once it's done right there shouldn't be any issues.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine from tire rack already mounted and road force balanced on new wheels. Perfectly smooth all speeds.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shortly after I put mine on it wobbled pretty badly. Took it back and dealer replaced 2 tires. They Road Force balanced them all. The 2 tires in question were "impossible " to balance per the technician at the dealer. Still have a small wobble. Will see how truck is when I get it back today. Had tires rotated while it was in for a bit of work.
Forgot, American Eagle 17" wheels. Their Raptor specific ones. Stock size Duratracs.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shortly after I put mine on it wobbled pretty badly. Took it back and dealer replaced 2 tires. They Road Force balanced them all. The 2 tires in question were "impossible " to balance per the technician at the dealer. Still have a small wobble. Will see how truck is when I get it back today...

Let me know what you think when you bring it home, Labraptor. I'm here if you need me to help.

Crystal