Double Standard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got them put on...had some lug nut issues because i tried to order some from autoplicity (horrible company don't use them). So i called tire barn to see if they could get me anything quick, they said yea (wrong still took a week). I should have just ordered from SDHQ or maybe the ProComps, because the ones that i got were painted and are now chipped to hell after install. The manager of the tire store said that he would find me something else and that i can return these. Thank God

I couldn't be happier with the look. Really makes this truck look meaner than it already did!!!

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

OP
OP
J

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Did you lower the rear? Looks too low to be on the middle perch. Maybe it's just the angle though...
Haha I noticed this too...the truck looks level in these pics for some reason. Driveway is slopped and the tire is turned slightly. All stock ride height though. I attempted the perch adjustment but couldn't get my spring compressors to do the job. I'm gonna un bolt everything but the lower shock do I have 360 degree access to the spring and use 3 compressors on it. Not sure how other guys are doing it with 2.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm. That's interesting, it looks perfect from these angles. haha. At our shop we have a big wall mounted spring compressor so it makes the job pretty easy.

OP
OP
J

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm. That's interesting, it looks perfect from these angles. haha. At our shop we have a big wall mounted spring compressor so it makes the job pretty easy.

Yeah i just bought lugs from you guys (wasnt wanting to spend 80 on lugs but you get what you pay for and these wont chip)...if i wasnt in indiana i would be there tomorrow to use the compressor or have you all do the adjustment.

To be honest with these wheels i dont feel like it appears like it needs the perch adjustment as badly.

OP
OP
J

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas how do you feel about the balance you are getting on these wheels? Mine def has a vibration that wasnt there with the stick wheels. Brought it to a random tire barn, bc it close, and they said that they could try to static balance them but it could make it worse. I'm sure they just didnt take their time originally, but they tried to blame it on the heavy lip.

Are you guys able to get a solid vib free balance with these wheels?

bozzy

Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I'm wondering if the OP could share/confirm the specs of those wheels....

Method Double Standards
Offset: ?
Size: ?
Width: ?
Bolt Pattern: ?

Part Number?

Also, what does "Street Loc" mean? Method refers to these wheels as Street Loc... Does that outter ring come off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...