Cooper STT or Kumho MT - Opinions ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTORSCHIM

Reaction score
Getting ready to pull the trigger on some new shoe's. Was wondering if anyone has run the Kumho MT's ?

I ran a couple sets of the Cooper STT's on my company truck, and they performed very well in the WV Oilfield. Was really impressed with them on wet roads ... typically that is the weak point of a mud tire.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran the Kumho on our old duramax. They were cupped before we got to the first rotation at 3500 miles. They were at about 50-60% tread by the time we sold the truck. The truck only had 9k miles on when we sold it. I definitely dont recommended them. Maybe the heavier truck had something to do with it but I still give them a big thumbs down. I'd stick to the coopers if those are your only two choices.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what it is about those Kumhos but people either seem to love them or hate them. I knew guys who ran them on heavier trucks and had great luck with them. If you know how good the Coopers are I would stick with them.