Can you turn off the TPMS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to turn off the TPMS System? Can Tuners be programmed to do it? I would freaking LOVE to get rid of that damn thing.

OP
OP
D

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That wont stop the big message from displaying on the dash at every startup though.... plus its pretty billybob tech. Gotta be a way to do this "right"

D

Deleted member 12951

I've heard that some tuners will let you drop it to 30 psi. Mine does not have that option.

When off-roading there has been a couple times that I've gotten a flat and its hard to tell right off the bat so you end up tearing the tire up. It would be great to adjust the sensor to accommodate what you dropped it to and still know when one comes off the bead and get an instant warning.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My tuner lets you set it to different increments of 5 or turn it off.

Come to think of it, I should turn it off on my next dune trip! Duh.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need the SCT X4 or Livewire, not sure if the old X3 has the capability which is now not offered any longer and support will end at some time.

And a Tune from one of our vendors.

Last edited:

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a local shop get into the ECU via OBD2 port. Looked like a scan tool he was using. He was able to adjust the threshold of when the light comes on. Mine now comes on at 30psi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never heard of them being completely shut off by any tuner. I have seen the threshold lowered. I wouldn't want them completely off anyhow.

OP
OP
D

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya.... My SVC tuner allows for modification of the PSI setting.... but having six tires and rotating them all through the truck, every rotation = trip to a tire shop to relearn the 4 that are currently on it.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya.... My SVC tuner allows for modification of the PSI setting.... but having six tires and rotating them all through the truck, every rotation = trip to a tire shop to relearn the 4 that are currently on it.

Get yourself the $30 tool off amazon. I keep it in the truck for that specific reason. I don't adjust the SVC tpms settings unless I'm on a run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk