Can you help me get the right numbers please?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBell

Reaction score
So I'm probably going with 35" tires (rather than 37") and 17" wheel. The goal is a wider stance ~1.5-2" from the outside of the wheel wells

I was recommended 0mm offset with -5" backspace

I am wondering if there will be a visual difference with width 13.50 tire 10" wheel or 12.50 and 9.5", and I am also wondering if the 0mm offset -5" backspace is correct?

I'd like to have that wide stance but obviously not worry about rubbing. Any advice on what numbers to go with would be much appreciated!

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of us run method wheels. 17 x 8.5 and a zero offset. It's probably about an inch and a hair farther out of the fender than stock. So that would be about a 2.5 to 3 inch wider stance. I'm not sure about the backspace numbers. Im sure some of these other guys know what it is though.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
0 Offest is only a 5" backspace if the wheel is 9" wide. Check the link below as it has some good info on offsets

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/wheel-offsets-explained-19376/

Running an 8.5" wheel with a zero offset is exactly 1.4" further out than stock per side with the wheel alone not including the new tire you choose. I'd probably go with a 8.5-9" wide wheel with around a zero offset and a wider tire. That will get you your wider stance you're looking for.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't think a 35 inch tire would rub unless you do some wide wheels or a big negative offset. If you want it to look wider my opinion would be do a zero offset wheel and some toyo mt's or something similar. They look a lot more beefy and aggressive than stock and make it look a lot wider. Also you won't have any rubbing issues with this combo of you are on mid perch

msayewich

Reaction score
even with stock perch settings I won't have a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wheel width is measured from inside rim to inside rim.
Offset is measured from the hub mounting surface in or out (negative or positive)
Back or front spacing is measured from the hub mounting surface to the outside of the rim.
10" wheel, 0 offset = 5" + lip for back spacing (lip is thickness of rim, mostly around 1/2")