Can 37’ Toyos + Zero Offset wheels work on bottom perch? I have no choice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Slimneill

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone.

I think my first mission will be to tackle the perch height again. I'll be soaking the mount with proper penetrating oil for a week or so before I try again. There is nothing like receiving your new rims and tires and then finding out you can't get the damn perch to move!

I started looking into the progressive springs.
Has anyone gone from top perch + stock spring to mid perch+progressive springs? Is the height lower on mid perch and new spring or the same?

Would mid perch and progressive spring give me the clearance I need for the toyos? Or will I always have rubbing issues?

I'll look into increasing the caster. Does anyone know how much you could gain? And would this impact the ride quality?

Thanks again - Dan

forumx2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone.

I think my first mission will be to tackle the perch height again. I'll be soaking the mount with proper penetrating oil for a week or so before I try again. There is nothing like receiving your new rims and tires and then finding out you can't get the damn perch to move!

I started looking into the progressive springs.
Has anyone gone from top perch + stock spring to mid perch+progressive springs? Is the height lower on mid perch and new spring or the same?

Would mid perch and progressive spring give me the clearance I need for the toyos? Or will I always have rubbing issues?

I'll look into increasing the caster. Does anyone know how much you could gain? And would this impact the ride quality?

Thanks again - Dan

PM'd you for a possible solution.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheapest solution for a street truck is to get the spacers. You will get 1 1/2 to 2 inches there. Then hammer some pinch welds. I have 37 12.50 Nittos on mine on mid perch, stock wheels. I didn't hammer or cut anything and I have no rubbing issues. I believe your tires are 37 13.50, you also have aftermarket wheels, which move everything outboard. You will have to hammer and cut but nothing horrible. Street only. Those are big, heavy tires... pics please when mission accomplished. Don't give up and don't look back.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

...or... you can remove the shock, retract the spring, put a pipe over bottom of shock and hammer away... collar WILL MOVE.

DesertEagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
d99ebbe2ba50ab939c3b03ec8e671f92.jpg

I've got 37" toyos on methods. Setup on midperch with fiberwerx fenders and hammered pinch welds and still a little too close for comfort when offroad...but no rubbing on road.

If I did it over again, I would go with a narrower tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were you, I'd sell the 37s and go with a set of 35/12.50/17 Toyo M/Ts (if you are stuck on Toyos) with the Methods. You'll still get 95% of the stance/look you're looking for with a slightly shorter/narrower tire. And you won't be sweating about ripping off a fender liner and/or flare every time you go over a speedbump.

uPog3p.jpg
1p4Mys.jpg

Last edited:

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheapest solution for a street truck is to get the spacers. You will get 1 1/2 to 2 inches there. Then hammer some pinch welds. I have 37 12.50 Nittos on mine on mid perch, stock wheels. I didn't hammer or cut anything and I have no rubbing issues. .

Got any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk