Bronze Method NV on Black SCAB - Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Method wheels are cast and they are not Aluminum.

I assume you want the NVs in 17s? If yes then 17s have a zero offset and this will push the wheel out 1.3" when compared to stock wheel.

And the NVs are lighter than stock wheels. I have a thread with the weights which I can't find but here's one thread that speaks to total weight (wheel and tire) >> http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/another-method-nv-convert-25162/

And don't forget you need new lugs with the method wheels as the stock lug-nuts will not work.

Do you know the hub size of the truck and the NV? I think I could throw some aluminum on the lathe and crank out some hub rings pretty easy. That's what I ended up doing on my subaru, put a little antisieze on it and never had an issue with pulling them on and off.

Worst case find some composite hub rings or make some.

I agree with you though hub centric>lug centric.

I'd prefer to have my wheel face choice over color and mounting style. Both of the latter can be taken care of after the fact. Also these are just cast aluminum? Not forged? Or are they cast then forged?

proper wheel size>low wheel weight>quality>wheel design>mounting style>color

OP
OP
jschell1309

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Method wheels are cast and they are not Aluminum.

I assume you want the NVs in 17s? If yes then 17s have a zero offset and this will push the wheel out 1.3" when compared to stock wheel.

And the NVs are lighter than stock wheels. I have a thread with the weights which I can't find but here's one thread that speaks to total weight (wheel and tire) >> http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/another-method-nv-convert-25162/

And don't forget you need new lugs with the method wheels as the stock lug-nuts will not work.

What material are they if not cast aluminum?

Yeah I was looking at the 17's and the 1.3" of extra poke seems to be ok on the truck. No extra rubbing as far as I could find through search. Makes the wheels look more aggressive being flush with the fenders.

As far as weight yeah I was just going through the stickied wheel and tire weight threads. I'm looking at the BFG T/A KO2 based on the tirerack reviews HERE.

The NVs and KO2s would weigh in at a grand total of 5.6 lbs less than stock I have now. Convert that to sprung vs. unsprung weight and hp/lb of my truck and it's a whopping 2.7 hp equivalent gain. So really it's a wash, but it's better than being a loss.

Also what are the lug seats on the stock wheels vs the lug seat on the methods? Spherical, tapered, flat, some shit I never heard of?

Sorry for all the easily searchable questions, you know your shit so I figured to ask.

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what the wheels are made off but I can't see aluminum wheels selling for less than 1k for 4 wheels.

I am pretty sure the seats for both stock and NV lugs are CONICAL. The big difference is that the stock lugs are big and the nv lugs are much smaller and they are spline driven >> https://www.texasmotorworx.com/lug-nuts.html.

What material are they if not cast aluminum?

Yeah I was looking at the 17's and the 1.3" of extra poke seems to be ok on the truck. No extra rubbing as far as I could find through search. Makes the wheels look more aggressive being flush with the fenders.

As far as weight yeah I was just going through the stickied wheel and tire weight threads. I'm looking at the BFG T/A KO2 based on the tirerack reviews HERE.

The NVs and KO2s would weigh in at a grand total of 5.6 lbs less than stock I have now. Convert that to sprung vs. unsprung weight and hp/lb of my truck and it's a whopping 2.7 hp equivalent gain. So really it's a wash, but it's better than being a loss.

Also what are the lug seats on the stock wheels vs the lug seat on the methods? Spherical, tapered, flat, some shit I never heard of?

Sorry for all the easily searchable questions, you know your shit so I figured to ask.

OP
OP
jschell1309

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm used to single piece forged aluminum wheels in the $1k-$1.5k range with cast aluminum in the $700-$1k range. 3 piece forged as much as $3.5k. Trucks are new to me.

So they are the same seat, the issue is the diameter of stock lugs won't fit in the pocket of the NV wheels, so you have to go with smaller diameter lugs but still same seat. I prefer spline drive anyway since it's one small step for theft deterrent. As long as new nuts are steel I'm usually fine with it.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Not sure what the wheels are made off but I can't see aluminum wheels selling for less than 1k for 4 wheels.

For what it's worth tirerack says they are 1 piece low pressure cast wheels. Their description of low pressure cast is below. So these have to be cast aluminum. The only other thing they could be is steel which would be way to heavy.

Low Pressure Casting

Low pressure casting uses positive pressure to move the molten aluminum into the mold quicker and achieve a finished product that has improved mechanical properties (more density) over a gravity cast wheel. There is a slightly higher production cost over gravity casting, but low pressure casting is the most common process approved for aluminum wheels sold to the O.E.M. market. Some companies offer wheels that are produced under a higher pressure in special casting equipment to create a wheel that is lighter and stronger than a wheel produced in low pressure, but there's a higher cost associated with the process. Low pressure cast wheels offer a good value for the aftermarket while still maintaining strength and a lighter weight.

OP
OP
jschell1309

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you like it. That's why I'm surprised I don't see more bronze on black. Done right it looks clean as hell. I think the lack of bed graphics and paint matched fenders really work with the wheel color as well.

OP
OP
jschell1309

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree, first thing on my list after wheels and tires. Just sucks to see the $1k+ price tag but it is really worth it.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the bronze and get the same color matte vinyl to go behind the SVT vents.