Bronze Method NV on Black SCAB - Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For street cars I have always been a fan of tastefully colored wheels. My last car was silver and the only color that didn't clash was black. I'm a little sick of black wheels but that's about the only offerings for trucks.

I really like matte bronze on a black car. However I have never seen this combo on a truck. I found a really good photo to work with and shopped on some bronze.

What do you all think?

Matte grey looks damn good. Great starting point to shop on color.
ack%20Raptor%20on%20Grey%20Method%20NV_zps2edouotq.jpg

Really liking bronze with the black ring and center.
k%20Raptor%20on%20Bronze%20Method%20NV_zpshebkzumw.jpg

If anyone wants to see other colors let me know. I have it set up so it's easy to change.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have a way to change the wheel but keep that color? I want to see my method standards done that way. On the same truck

Wideglide93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That matte Grey looks sharp. The bronze would have to grow on me. I am debating on the 37" BFG and method combo as I wear out my stock combo.

OP
OP
jschell1309

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the specs on the outer lip hardware Method uses? Looking for thread diameter, pitch, and length. May price out some different hardware to change it up.

Do you have a way to change the wheel but keep that color? I want to see my method standards done that way. On the same truck

I think I can get something cooked up tonight for you. It helps to start with the machined version of the wheel since it's easier to color swap than black is. The photoshop won't look as good as what's up there but it should be passable.

That matte Grey looks sharp. The bronze would have to grow on me. I am debating on the 37" BFG and method combo as I wear out my stock combo.

Yeah the matte grey looks great. That truck looks mean as hell. I'm just looking to do something a little different. Seems everyone is running matte black NV on the Raptor. For good reason too, it's a clean looking wheel. Much better than all the shit other companies been putting out there now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jschell1309

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@jschell1309 is this better?

That's actually better than anything I found in google search. I think I can make that work. The only challenging thing is trying to make a machined reflective surface look matte. Hard to shop matte color since it's the absence of light reflection. I lucked out with my starting picture being a light matte color to begin with.

I think I can get something passable for you though. You found a good picture perspective wise. I'll see if I can get it tonight, I'll tag you so it shoots you an alert.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Method just released a bronze wheel recently:

method_mr502_18x8-1412-120-00-1000_large.jpg

OP
OP
jschell1309

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Method just released a bronze wheel recently:

I've seen that, I like the color but I'm just not a big fan of the wheel design. I see where they are going with the machined pockets, I just like a cleaner wheel face than that. Personal preference.

Then again I'm not the biggest fan of fake beadlocks on the NV, but I can live with it. I'm picky when it comes to wheels.

I have a good powdercoater that's local so I don't mind color changing some wheels.

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget this wheel is hub centric. I have the NVs also which are lug centric and I would have opted for the Roost if it was available when I purchased the NVs

I've seen that, I like the color but I'm just not a big fan of the wheel design. I see where they are going with the machined pockets, I just like a cleaner wheel face than that. Personal preference.

Then again I'm not the biggest fan of fake beadlocks on the NV, but I can live with it. I'm picky when it comes to wheels.

I have a good powdercoater that's local so I don't mind color changing some wheels.

OP
OP
jschell1309

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget this wheel is hub centric. I have the NVs also which are lug centric and I would have opted for the Roost if it was available when I purchased the NVs

Do you know the hub size of the truck and the NV? I think I could throw some aluminum on the lathe and crank out some hub rings pretty easy. That's what I ended up doing on my subaru, put a little antisieze on it and never had an issue with pulling them on and off.

Worst case find some composite hub rings or make some.

I agree with you though hub centric>lug centric.

I'd prefer to have my wheel face choice over color and mounting style. Both of the latter can be taken care of after the fact. Also these are just cast aluminum? Not forged? Or are they cast then forged?

proper wheel size>low wheel weight>quality>wheel design>mounting style>color

Last edited: