Brake upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powerstop kits are fairly trash IMO. The rotors are fine, but the pads fade so quickly. This is from experience with having them on a Mustang, so take that advice with a grain of salt.

OP
OP
Pt2285

Pt2285

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah looks like ironman and ebc is the ticket. Anyhow ever replaced all their brake fluid with a amsoil product other heavy duty use fluid?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah looks like ironman and ebc is the ticket. Anyhow ever replaced all their brake fluid with a amsoil product other heavy duty use fluid?

I've done a full amsoil swap. It's a small cost for the added protection and higher quality fluids.

As Joe mentioned, the drilled and slotted rotors can be annoying for some if you're in constant muddy conditions. I will personally be going with the double cross drilled and slotted R1 rotors and posi quiet ceramic pads. While I off-road more than the majority of raptors on the road, I'm also on the road the majority of the time. I also don't know what subtle is so, either gas or brake. No in between. There's also only a $5 price difference between drilled and slotted or just slotted so the choice would be on what best suits your desires.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't done brake upgrade yet. Have wished I had before so it is on my list for sure. Did change out to Amsoil fluids though. Actually had the dealer do it. They owe me free oil changes anyway so I have them do other fluids too and just pay for that portion. Replaced every fluid except antifreeze last year. All Amsoil products.

OP
OP
Pt2285

Pt2285

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone used speed bleeders? I used them on my Chevelle and they work but I'm looking for the right part number.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any of the pads sold for the Raptor are an upgrade. Different colour pads are different on cars, versus trucks as stated by EBC, take a look at Ironmans guide he provided, which gives a good example. Like TJ said yellow or higher if you drive like you stole it, lol.
Where did you get the break in procedure for the new pads and rotors?

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com