Brake upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@CoronaRaptor how much better are they at stopping than stock?
Bro, I've been babying them for the last 2 days as they come with a break-in coating on them. Tomorrow I am taking it out and doing the last of the break in procedure which is the 60 mph down to 20 mph braking hard thing that you have to do a few times. But I can tell you this, they do grip really well. the truck drives like I just drove it off the lot now with new brakes, tires, etc. I have no doubt these brakes will be better than stock.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Bro, I've been babying them for the last 2 days as they come with a break-in coating on them. Tomorrow I am taking it out and doing the last of the break in procedure which is the 60 mph down to 20 mph braking hard thing that you have to do a few times. But I can tell you this, they do grip really well. the truck drives like I just drove it off the lot now with new brakes, tires, etc. I have no doubt these brakes will be better than stock.

Hey Corona, any reason you went with the green pads instead of the yellowstuff?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Corona, any reason you went with the green pads instead of the yellowstuff?
Yes, the green pads give off the least amount of brake dust onto the rims and the green are suppose to last the longest. EBC says they are good for 60,000 - 100,000 miles depending on your driving style. I always thought the factory brakes were awesome on the raptor and getting this upgrade is more than enough for me. If you are into severely abusing your truck you should go with better pads.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So with the ebc pads green are normal driving (for and f150 not a raptor), yellow are more spirited driving and red are balls to the wall. As you go up each level you increase the amount of break dust produced and the wear rate on the rotors. each level also has a higher operating temp than the previous. If you go with red don't be suprised if you get some squeaking until they warm up. Personally I would go with yellow unless you like to go to the drag strip or spend a lot of time in high heat environments.

I ran reds on my charger and they annoyed the **** out of me every morning until they where warm. I also run reds on my motorbikes and downhill bike. But bike applications don't seem to have the squealing issue. I have managed to glaze one set of red pads but only on the downhill bike with its tiny rotors.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Isn't balls to the wall red always a better choice for a raptor, I mean we all drive it like that, don't we?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any of the pads sold for the Raptor are an upgrade. Different colour pads are different on cars, versus trucks as stated by EBC, take a look at Ironmans guide he provided, which gives a good example. Like TJ said yellow or higher if you drive like you stole it, lol.