GEN 1 Big O: Big Foot A/T

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RDFTS,

I cannot give first hand experience. Indeed I remember the Big O tires from 30+ years ago. They were popular, but never seemed to break it into the big time; indeed it's been years since I heard of them. If I remember correctly the magazines of the period thought highly of the Big O tires....
Eddie

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I had the X/Ts on my personal truck and my work truck when I worked in Wyoming a long time back and swore by them. They were a bit more aggressive, but I loved them because it took a ton to get them stuck. the A/Ts however, i don't really know much about, but I'd reccomend the X/Ts without a second thought.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I had the X/Ts on my personal truck and my work truck when I worked in Wyoming a long time back and swore by them. They were a bit more aggressive, but I loved them because it took a ton to get them stuck. the A/Ts however, i don't really know much about, but I'd reccomend the X/Ts without a second thought.

Not seeing X/T in our size. Closest thing they have is 35X12.50R20 and that ain't happening.

I just walked into their store today to get my spares switched to the front and make my existing fronts my spares and saw those in the showroom. They were too busy during lunch time to take care of me so going back tomorrow after making an appointment. It was interesting that their brand has a 3yr non-pro-rated warranty for any damage. Was going to ask them about going off-road and tearing them up and get a new set. LOL

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I looked but they used to have a 35x12.50r17. Guess it's been discontinued. When I got mine they told me they had to have a certain amount of tread left but other than that they'd replace em no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

So I talked to the Big O folks. I asked if I take them off-road and tear them up and even puncture the sidewall, would it he covered.

I was told yes, for 3 years with no pro-rated, completely new tire then pro-rated after that till 60k miles.

Only goes up to 35" tires but man, very tempting indeed!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
So I talked to the Big O folks. I asked if I take them off-road and tear them up and even puncture the sidewall, would it he covered.

I was told yes, for 3 years with no pro-rated, completely new tire then pro-rated after that till 60k miles.

Only goes up to 35" tires but man, very tempting indeed!

I'd do it. Then make sure you grenade them all within that 3 years haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunnut

Reaction score

I worked in Wyoming too a few years ago and I met lots of guys that swore by Big O tires. I've never owned a set myself.