BFGs dry rotting - Ford warranty comes up big!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTRazz

Reaction score
I noticed my stock BFGs were cracking out between the lugs on all 4 tires the other day. So when I brought it in for a service I mentioned it to the service manager. Michelin wouldn't touch it because I'm technically the second owner. (Bought it with 2k miles...) Ford bumper-to-bumper came up pretty big and is going to cover 70% for replacements with 19,000 miles on the truck. I'm kinda bummed because I wanted to go another direction with tires, but I think I have them talked into hooking me up with K/O2s if they can get them ordered... Anyone else have their stockers replaced with the Ford warranty? I think my service manager went to bat for me which is HUGE! I guess it's time to order Methods sooner than planned. Just wanted to share a good story about warranty when I know how many horror stories are out there!

BABaracus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that's great service. Mine are the same way at 22000 miles. I am the original owner so I guess I'll be asking at my next service. Congrats!

D

Deleted member 12951

Can you post some pictures of how bad this was, curious to compare?
Also what does Michelin have anything to do with this?

OP
OP
MTRazz

MTRazz

Reaction score
Here's a couple pictures. Doesn't seem like too big of a deal, but I'll take some discounted rubbers!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 161

swampfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 50k miles on mine before i replaced them with new bfgs again & now have about 68k on it. I'll have to watch these tiers more closely now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free