BFG KO2's $189 each...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I found a good article on the subj

Understanding Tire Load Ratings

According to them all tire have 20% deducted from the max loading of the tire, that means KO2 315 C load actual max load is approx 3165.

The load range C is more than enough GEN1 or GEN2. They should ride nicer too. Like mentioned before though, they may not have quite the puncture protection as an E Rated tire would

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ive had the 315's e-load for a couple weeks now. came from a 35 mt d-load. at 42 psi i dont think the ride feels any stiffer than what i had. love the way it handles and they road force balanced perfectly.

Bioxide02

Reaction score
Would like to hear the feedback from the people running the C rated tires. Does the ride feel sloppy in the turns now?

Bioxide02

Reaction score
FYI - these tires dropped in price again, you can now get a set of 4 for $689.96...

I bought the tires and went to go pick them up and have them installed and they refused to mount them since they are a "C" rated tire... So I called a few other local tire shops and they also wouldn't install them for me either..

I had them refund my money because I didn't want to risk being stuck with tires no one would mount for me.

D

Deleted member 12951

FYI - these tires dropped in price again, you can now get a set of 4 for $689.96...

I bought the tires and went to go pick them up and have them installed and they refused to mount them since they are a "C" rated tire... So I called a few other local tire shops and they also wouldn't install them for me either..

I had them refund my money because I didn't want to risk being stuck with tires no one would mount for me.

Wow, $172.50 each. Saw they have the E rated for $275.50 each.
So wonder if you drove in with a GEN2 to these tire shops, what they would do.

Curious, if you have to ship the tires back, what is that costing or do they ship back for free?

Bioxide02

Reaction score
Wow, $172.50 each. Saw they have the E rated for $275.50 each.
So wonder if you drove in with a GEN2 to these tire shops, what they would do.

Curious, if you have to ship the tires back, what is that costing or do they ship back for free?

Yup, crazy good deal.

I brought up the fact that the GEN2 run these as stock tires and his response is that they are lighter than the GEN1 and my response was not by much.. we are talking about a 400 pound difference here..That's when he played his trump card and said the GEN2 came factory with the C rated tires and the GEN1 came with D rated tires from the factory, tire shops are not suppose to downgrade from the factory tires on the load ratings.

I'm not sure about the return shipping, upon checkout I selected to have them picked up in the store with the thought I would have them install the tires so I can buy their warranty for the tires.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I bring wheels and tires to my tire shop, and guess what- they mount the tires I buy on the wheels! What vehicle it goes on matters not. What size wheels they are, what load rating the tire is, what size tires they are- does not matter. All I ask is for them to mount tires on wheels. Used tires is where they don't want to go...

D

Deleted member 12951

I bring wheels and tires to my tire shop, and guess what- they mount the tires I buy on the wheels! What vehicle it goes on matters not. What size wheels they are, what load rating the tire is, what size tires they are- does not matter. All I ask is for them to mount tires on wheels. Used tires is where they don't want to go...

I have a pretty cool local tire shop too. They will even do used tires. I purchased take-off raptor spares from several different folks across the country and they installed them without any issues. Have done that multiple times.