BFG KO2's $189 each...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what's the verdict on running C rated KO2 tires on a GEN1 Raptor? Safe or dumb to do?

I would not run a lower rated tire then what the factory listed. I am going to run the E rated tires as many others have done. Feedback is is good for the E rated.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So what's the verdict on running C rated KO2 tires on a GEN1 Raptor? Safe or dumb to do?

The truck is still a half ton. Most half tons come with P rated tires these days (that's B rated if you're using the letter scale or 4 ply if you're using the number scale). The C rated is sufficient IMO but will have less puncture protection compared to an E rated. The ride is probably nicer on the C's though.

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am loving my KO2s but I beginning to hate the E load rating. I starting to think 37 KO2s for a better ride, but the 35 KO2 with the C load might work. I see that the load rating for my rim is 2000 lbs, so why would a loading for a tire of approx 2600 work for our trucks?

I thinking the 35 would be the preferred COA to keep my wheel speed in the mud.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about it too. Can't beat that price. The truck is rated for 10,000 GRVW anyways which is still under the load range C rating (2535lbs/Tire @45PSI). Kinda sucks that we have to choose between C and E when our trucks came with D. It's interesting that the KO D's our trucks came with are rated at (3195lbs/Tire@50PSI) which is the same rating that the KO2 E's @65PSI come with now.

Also the KO D's on my truck now say "sidewall plies: 3 polyester"

D

Deleted member 12951

I'm thinking about it too. Can't beat that price. The truck is rated for 10,000 GRVW anyways which is still under the load range C rating (2535lbs/Tire @45PSI). Kinda sucks that we have to choose between C and E when our trucks came with D. It's interesting that the KO D's our trucks came with are rated at (3195lbs/Tire@50PSI) which is the same rating that the KO2 E's @65PSI come with now.

Also the KO D's on my truck now say "sidewall plies: 3 polyester"

I thought the C rated is 2ply sidewall and the E rated is the same as the D with 3ply?