BFG KO2 in the rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My KO's were slick too. They are much better than my Toyo RT's though. It's been raining here non stop for a day and just a little too much gas, even from a roll and the Toyo's spin.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It has been raining here in Oregon for the past month. My tires are about 9 months old and have seen no problems on the winding roads where I live.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well today was my first chance to ride my KO2s (37x12.5 17) in the rain. So far I'm NOT impressed. The rear wheels spin a lot. Can't take off from a stop without fishtailing. I do need to check my he pressure, I think if anything it maybe a bit low.

Pretty disappointing. They everywhere else.

You need a Gen2 with AWD for the rain.

OP
OP
cups

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So pressure was low. Now at 44. Spins less. But it's also drying out. Wonder if it has to do with the locked rearend?

Should be gettin more rain. I'll play. Thanks for all the input. Don't know what I would do without FRF to confess my stupidity periodically.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I use 4 wheel drive in the rain...when not in 4x4 I feather pedal any tire especially on a pick up with light rear would make it fishtail. I am not sure if you expected magic by putting KO2s? I have them on my truck and I love them. Going through water and puddles these tires feel solid and do not hydroplane, very quite and look awesome.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

if you do not like them I will take them of your hands. I will pay for shipping just to help the brother out. lol

Wasn't expecting magic. But I've never had tires spin this easy (but only over the past 45 years).

No. I'll keep thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

does rain fall down as grease where y'all live?

Yep!