BFG KO2 in the rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edit: I'm happy now. Tires are good but my Rogue Racing Ruby Red Raptor is better!!!

Thanks to all who helped. Gotta go now n find some more wet roads.
End edit

Well today was my first chance to ride my KO2s (37x12.5 17) in the rain. So far I'm NOT impressed. The rear wheels spin a lot. Can't take off from a stop without fishtailing. I do need to check my he pressure, I think if anything it maybe a bit low.

Pretty disappointing. They everywhere else.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Sounds like you might be on the max PSI side, Rich. @2014RubyRed has been running the KO2's for awhile and loving them - in our rain, snow, etc.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're implying that a Jeep actually has power to spin tires in the first place.

I use 4 wheel drive in the rain...when not in 4x4 I feather pedal any tire especially on a pick up with light rear would make it fishtail. I am not sure if you expected magic by putting KO2s? I have them on my truck and I love them. Going through water and puddles these tires feel solid and do not hydroplane, very quite and look awesome.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Well today was my first chance to ride my KO2s (37x12.5 17) in the rain. So far I'm NOT impressed. The rear wheels spin a lot. Can't take off from a stop without fishtailing. I do need to check my he pressure, I think if anything it maybe a bit low.

Pretty disappointing. They everywhere else.

if you do not like them I will take them of your hands. I will pay for shipping just to help the brother out. lol

D

Deleted member 12951

You have to season the new K02's with a break-in. Get a spray bottle and fill it with warm canola oil and bleach. Spray the threads liberally, making sure to roll forward to get the spot that was on the ground. Get on an empty road with no ditches or obstacles on the sides, stick it in 4WD and slam on the skinny pedal, light em up.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
You have to season the new K02's with a break-in. Get a spray bottle and fill it with warm canola oil and bleach. Spray the threads liberally, making sure to roll forward to get the spot that was on the ground. Get on an empty road with no ditches or obstacles on the sides, stick it in 4WD and slam on the skinny pedal, light em up.

4-LO lol