BFG KM2's wear and mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 38,000 miles out of the stock tires and just got my KM2 mud terrains on... What kind of mileage can I expect out of these? Mostly highway miles.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
someone tested several tires to include the KM2. The mileage, wear and noise are what helped me decide. reasonable price at Discount Tire with warranty.
I have had mine on for 10K. Rotated once. They are wearing very well. Work great in dirt and rock. Are a little noisy for type of tire it is. Any big lug tire makes noise after a while. They aren't cupping. I recommend them.
I do not compare the stock AT's to anything that is a true mud or desert large lug tire. That is like comparing apples to oranges.
Mil T

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only have 500 miles on them so far, right now the noise I estimate to be maybe 5% louder than the stock tires. Interesting to me that they get louder as they wear more. I got mine at a local tire shop installed for $1505.

My local detailer who also has his own tire shop said I should probably see 20-25K miles out of them.