Better tires to replace stock BFG's? (sticking with 35s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Duratracs are good all around tires... Currently I am trying out Cooper Discoverer A/T3

View attachment 66104

Since the Raptor is currently my wife's grocery getter and is actually spending more time on the road than off road.
Those tires were picked as Editor's choice and Best Value by Overland Journal in their AT tire test.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took off some toyo R/T's in favor of the KO2's. Mainly a weight/snow thing but they're both very nice tires. The Toyo AT2 and it's brother the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 are warrantied for 50k. If I had to choose another AT it would be the Nitto or Toyo.

The Toyo R/Ts weren't good in the snow?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I should rephrase. They're good in deep snow but the lack of siping makes them struggle in ice and hard packed snow.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm currently shopping for new tires and these are both on my short list. Being in the northeast, snow performance is a consideration.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying. I'm currently shopping for new tires and these are both on my short list. Being in the northeast, snow performance is a consideration.

Those Duratracs are awesome in the snow - primary reason I bought them for my previous truck. The difference was amazing.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always wanted Duratracs but after going through a crazy out of round/could not balance dilemma with my Tacoma I haven't bought a goodyear since. The Goodyears were out of round on my Sti too. But I'll have to agree on the snow performance, probably not a better all around tire snow tire out there.