best width/offset for fender flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

thanks for the input guys, most offroad my truck will see is a dirt road once or twice a year at the most so losing some functionality with going with a bigger wheel is no problem for me. The guys at work call it a pavement princess because I wont take it mud riding with them lol.

Here you go. A decal for the rear window and something to stick in the hitch (its on the rear)

ccf493dabea425b8c2d4f1bc5b445302.jpg
894578af3d625c357869aa18b67c3f25.jpg
0220aa313f1aab990afb77624413fad4.jpg

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@1fastk...please do go with 18's. As you learn more and figure out all the capabilities of your raptor, you will thank yourself for it! 18's will give you some of that "big wheel look" but will maintain the performance of the truck!

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
0 offset gives it just the right stance

And a 17 inch wheel looks so much tougher than a twenty ;)

Agree 100% to both statements. A 20" wheel just looks so out of place on the raptor. Just fit my 17" methods on and they are the perfect stance, Just outside the fender edge.

Now after thinking about it if the method wheels (which im assuming is the 8.5 wide after looking at their website) with a 0 offset sit out slightly past the fenders. The jesters with the 6 offset should sit the exact same on the truck as the 0 offset methods. Here is how I came to that conclusion. The methods 8.5 inch wheel with 0 offset will mount at center which is 4.25inches. The jesters which is 9 inches wide with a 0 offset would mount at 4.5inches. Ok so now with both wheels being 0 offset the jesters will stick out .25inches further than the methods. Now the jesters need a + offset to bring the wheel back under the fender well to match the methods. 25.4 millimeters is in 1 inch I will need +6 offset for each quarter inch. So that means the method 0 offset and the jester +6 will sit the same on the truck. svt_reid said his 0 offset methods stick out slightly past the fenders so to get the tires flush with the truck the +12 jesters will sit inside the fenders 1/4 inch or 6 mils more than the 0 offset methods.

Not a bad way to get to the final number however there are tons of calculators out there. You were spot on though, I plugged the Jester and Method dimensions into my favorite calculator HERE and they both do arrive at the same poke.

For comparison HERE is stock vs. method dimensions.

This is always the easiest way that I have found to test fitment. Figure out how far you want from stock and start plugging in numbers.

OP
OP
1fastk

1fastk

Reaction score
Yea i agree the 37s look the best but i dont want to have to hammer on my truck....slight trimming would be acceptable but i draw the line at hammering the welds on it

OP
OP
1fastk

1fastk

Reaction score
Just be careful. Tire options get really limited in 18's

Im going with open country rt or mt haven't made up my mind yet but they both have 35 12.5 18 in those tires....wish picking out a wheel design was as easy as tires...