Bdrag trys cheapo kenda klever tires....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Been awhile since my last post. I have been around though.

I just wrote a 3 page write up and it went away. So here is the short version.

Lost a tire on the way to work. Took 30 min to plug it. Hole was horizontal from side to side in the center of the tread. 2 inch long wound. Hacked a lot of steel belts. Found a set of KENDA KLEVER M/T for $850 out the door near work. Had a patch put on my COOPER SST's that came off. Sold them for $200. The balance job on the KENDAS sucked. Weights were flying off as I drove. Took it to Firestone by the house and for $68 did a great job. Most weight was 6 oz. on one.

So for $718 after all was said and done I have a set of 35/12,50/17's on for now. Will see how they do. Had 11K on the COOPERs and they only had 1/4 of usable tread left. They would not have made 20K.

The Kenda is made in China in a plant that is spose to be owned by Cooper. We will see how they hold up. Here are a few pics. They seem small for a 35. Narrow. Look a lot like the Cooper SST's that came off. Came off due to a unsafe puncture.

BDRAG

Attachments

• KEDA PIC 2.jpg
    KEDA PIC 2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 300
  • KENDA PIC 1.jpg
    KENDA PIC 1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 268

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They seem impressive, I just did a little research on them and everyone seems to like them. What's the load rating on them?

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
well shit, i was expecting full page article.........

good to see you around

Hey there. Yes, I had a great tale about the 3 stooges that did the tire balancing and my on the spot repair attempt which has all my arm and chest mussels killing me today. I had described the sound tire weights flinging off at 80 mph sounds like. Sighhhhhhhh.

BDRAG

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

The load rating is listed at 2998 lbs @ 50 psi. A friend has these on his 9 million lb dodge ram diesel and is o.k. with them so far with 5 k on them. Has one he says shakes. I bet the tire shop was not top notch that did his mounting.

BDRAG

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Yea, I read reviews on all their other lines. Not quite the same animal but we will see if I get any decent use from them. I loved my Fierce Attitudes but the price has gone up so much on them since Goodyear is marketing them as theirs now. The few Kendas my riding buds have used on their motorcycles preform well but suffer real bad in longevity.

BDRAG

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

I had Kenda Bear Claws on my ATV and loved them

YEPPER, many quad folks run them. Maxxis is another they seem to love.

BDRAG

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

I am kinda sort of wanting to try a set of these on my spare wheels. Get a more street oriented tire that can still do medium and some heavy off road now and then. Gladiators. Here is an ebay link.

LT35X12 50R17 Gladiator QR900 MT Mud Terrain 35 12 5 17 | eBay

These look decent. Price would be about the same I think as what I just bought.

BDRAG

Last edited:

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, were the Cooper SST's really that bad?

I was looking at a set...but not if I'm going to get that kind of mileage out of them...I drive too much for a ****** mileage tire.

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Damn, were the Cooper SST's really that bad?

I was looking at a set...but not if I'm going to get that kind of mileage out of them...I drive too much for a ****** mileage tire.

I had no real issues with the Coopers. I do think they wear out more for me than less aggressive tires. They are a MUD tire. The Fierce attitudes wore great. I drive like shit, to fast around corners. Nail the gas at every light. Brake late. Hell, I only got 11,500 out of the shop trucks tires, 2014 HD2500 chebby. Now that made me look real bad since I put 11,450 of those miles on it. HAhaaaa,

I have always averaged about 20,000 - 23,000 miles on tires on my pickups. Is what it is. Some how my buddy's get 70,000 80,000 miles from stock tires on their dodge diesel trucks. Can't figger that one out.

The fact the Coopers were wearing so fast is why I kinda wanted to try these cheap bastard specials and just see how the do.

BDRAG