Anyone running 37" BFGs at low perch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmmwd6

Reaction score
My shocks have so much corrosion I can't move the blue collar to go to mid perch so I'm going to be staying at the low perch.

Still hoping to fit 37" BFGs though, anyone have any rubbing issues?

DevilSun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can almost bet you'd have better luck with running the progressive springs that are out there than not, but as far as rubbing/how much *shrug* I plan to try in about a month (with the springs)

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 37 bfg's with 3.0's and boatec fenders with liners and I get just a bit of rubbing so I would say be careful and take it easy offroad

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My shocks have so much corrosion I can't move the blue collar to go to mid perch so I'm going to be staying at the low perch.

Still hoping to fit 37" BFGs though, anyone have any rubbing issues?

Are you kidding? Is this your first day using the internet? :wizserious:
Trying to fit 37" tires on the raptor had been discussed and discussed since early 2011 when @Raptizzle :tizzle: put on 37's.

Now if you have a specific combination or a specified question, we can get you answers. But your asking a question that has a been discussed more often than Jennifer Aniston's ****.

/rant over.... :specialed:

As for the blue collar not moving. Spray the shock collar and shaft with some lube. Then use a rubber mallet to move it up.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe show a pic of your shocks, if they are that rusted, it might be time for replacement or upgrades :)

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Oh, and 37's will fit at low perch if you leave the truck at Sema and don't drive it!

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Is this your first day using the internet? :wizserious:
Trying to fit 37" tires on the raptor had been discussed and discussed since early 2011 when @Raptizzle :tizzle: put on 37's.

Now if you have a specific combination or a specified question, we can get you answers. But your asking a question that has a been discussed more often than Jennifer Aniston's ****.

/rant over.... :specialed:

As for the blue collar not moving. Spray the shock collar and shaft with some lube. Then use a rubber mallet to move it up.

Yukon Joe
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

Someone didn't have their Wheaties this morning... :ROFLJest:

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome new member...

Are you saying that you can't loosen the set screw or that after that set screw is backed out you can't move the perch? Aluminum doesn't usually corrode against aluminum unless other metals are introduced. The retainer clip/ring could facilitate this but it usually occurs worse with stainless.

I would suggest correcting this regardless of what tires you run. Get them off, compress the coils, remove the set screw, soak them in penetrating fluid, and get them to move.

As for fitment, as stated above, there are many existing threads.