Anyone with pictures of Ballistic Morax on their Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dutch451

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I apologize if there is a picture hidden somewhere and if this has been answered before, I browsed quite a few threads going a few pages back, since I can't find the visual I'm looking for, I'm asking my tire question too. At least with all the reading I've been doing over the last couple hours, I've been able to narrow down tire choices based on what people here seem to be happy with.

I've been looking for new wheels for a couple weeks now, and have become drawn to the Ballistic Morax model. The price doesn't seem too bad for an 18x9, +12 offset, and I think they look pretty good, but I haven't been able to find any pictures of them on a Raptor.

Since I'd be going up to an 18, would I be alright with a 35x12.5r18, or should I go up to a 13.5? Between the Toyo Open Country, Nitto Trail grappler, and General Grabber, which would be most likely to stay stuck to the road without too much sliding? I know the Generals would look damn good with the red accents I've been doing to the truck, but don't want to get something that's gonna suck in the snow.

I suppose if nothing else, I only have 3000 miles on the tires mounted on the stock wheels (BFG's) so I could use those in the snow, but I've never really been a fan of changing wheels with weather conditions. It's already bad enough having 3 motorcycles to prep and store, lol.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I apologize if there is a picture hidden somewhere and if this has been answered before, I browsed quite a few threads going a few pages back, since I can't find the visual I'm looking for, I'm asking my tire question too. At least with all the reading I've been doing over the last couple hours, I've been able to narrow down tire choices based on what people here seem to be happy with.

I've been looking for new wheels for a couple weeks now, and have become drawn to the Ballistic Morax model. The price doesn't seem too bad for an 18x9, +12 offset, and I think they look pretty good, but I haven't been able to find any pictures of them on a Raptor.

Since I'd be going up to an 18, would I be alright with a 35x12.5r18, or should I go up to a 13.5? Between the Toyo Open Country, Nitto Trail grappler, and General Grabber, which would be most likely to stay stuck to the road without too much sliding? I know the Generals would look damn good with the red accents I've been doing to the truck, but don't want to get something that's gonna suck in the snow.

I suppose if nothing else, I only have 3000 miles on the tires mounted on the stock wheels (BFG's) so I could use those in the snow, but I've never really been a fan of changing wheels with weather conditions. It's already bad enough having 3 motorcycles to prep and store, lol.

Are you sure you want an 18"? I can tell you that shopping for tires is kind of a pain. I really limited myself by doing it. Especially if you ever plan to run 37's.

That being said; I run the 325 Duratracs and am very happy with them. 34.8" x 12.9"

OP
OP
Dutch451

Dutch451

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you want an 18"? I can tell you that shopping for tires is kind of a pain. I really limited myself by doing it. Especially if you ever plan to run 37's.

That being said; I run the 325 Duratracs and am very happy with them. 34.8" x 12.9"

I'm not set on 18's, they were just what I saw on one site while browsing different wheels. I honestly don't remember if they had 17's on that site, I do remember seeing 20's, but you couldn't pay me enough to put 20's on my truck, lol.

OP
OP
Dutch451

Dutch451

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well a mod can delete this thread, found out my buddy has the same wheels on his GMC Sierra VMax, lol. I'll find something else eventually.