Anyone with LT325/65R18s with stock suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crimsons0538

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing some duratrac LT325/65R18s on Method NV or Method Mesh's and I was wondering if anyone had that setup on stock suspension? After looking around on the forum, I have noticed that others have this setup but on ICON 3.0s and whatnot. I am wondering if I am going to have any rubbing issues being on mid perch? Also, what are the advantages of having this setup (if any)? I think I want to go with 18s to fill the wheel wells a little better but don't want to get 37s and have to cut or get new fenders. Is it worth the extra money for 18s or should I just go with 17s?

Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problems at all. Methods are 18x9 +18 and that tire size is fine. It's right around 35x12.50

6isntenough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have LT325/65R18 falken wildpeaks on methods and top perch no issues with rubbing

OP
OP
C

crimsons0538

Reaction score
ok, thanks for the help guys. Does the 18'' setup actually fill the wheel well gaps better than a 17" setup?

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks for the help guys. Does the 18'' setup actually fill the wheel well gaps better than a 17" setup?

18" wheels vs. 17" wheels has no impact on "filling the wheel well gaps", with 18's you will have less tire and more wheel (shorter side walls). You fill the wheel wells by using bigger tires (stocks are about 35"). If you want to fill the wheel well, you go more than 35" tires (on which ever wheel you want).

17" wheels tend to cost a little less and since there is more side wall, they tend to do better in offroad applications.

I hope that helps.

OP
OP
C

crimsons0538

Reaction score
it does help and thank you. So bottom line - 18 inch wheels will just provide me with cosmetics.