Anybody running Mickey Thompson ATZ p3 tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redgs4

Reaction score
I'm running Baja ATZ P3 in LT305/70r18E on 18x9 Fuel Trophy's. They run louder than stock but nothing too bad. The combination balanced fine and runs smooth at 90+, no shakes or shimmy's. The on road manners are fine and there are no issues with the tires being too grabby on pavement. They run great in the rain but I don't drive [too] stupid. No mud yet but hopefully snow soon - we will be heading to Carson Pass next week for camping.

Went to Pismo last week with Noah and Mike S and I think they are both running stock BFG. I was running about 16 PSI and did not seem to have the traction of the other trucks. Could be my driving, though - I want another shot. :)

redgs4

Reaction score
I have about 6K + on them at them moment. That includes two Norcal to San Diego round trips and 40 miles/day stop and go commute during the week. I have not noticed any increase in noise and they are wearing ok. It's hard to tell on the mileage because they screw with the CA gas blend, my commute sucks and on longer trips I drive well above the aerodynamic optimum. :) But the numbers seem to be in the ballpark of the BFG's.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you're looking for a more affordable option, but a very similar tire from a sister company, be sure to check out the Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx

cooper-discoverer-st-maxx-group-main.png

http://www.treaddepot.com/prodimg/cooper-discoverer-st-maxx-group-main.png

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I probably have about 20K miles on them and they are fantastic with routine rotations. Handled SnoBall this January like a champ and they've handled mud, sand, and dirt down here in Texas just fine as well. Still have plenty of tread block left on them. In fact, they will probably chunk out due to rocks at TRR before I need a set due to tread wearing down.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have about 10K miles on mine, no issues at all. They are road friendly, and off road capable. They look aggressive without all of the weight.