Another 37" Will It

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhanni848

Reaction score
Before I get drilled with the link I read almost the entire 37" BFG ATs thread, and didn't want 37's until reading that!

When I had a BMW there was a lot of help with what would fit, or wouldn't it so I thought I may try here for people that have tested or have the knowledge.

I want 37x12.50r20 BFG ATs but they do not make them, I cannot afford new wheels or I wouldn't be posting here :)

Is there anyone out there with 37s and 20s, that basically DDs their Raptor? I got a hell of deal on mine otherwise I would have settled for something else.

All details:
2011 SCREW
20x9 Moto Metal Mayhem Riots +18 offset

I know a big issue is the offset for these running non stock wheels but most have Methods at 0. Can I get away with mid perch, +18 offset, and some 37" ATs? I do not mind a little trimming, but I do not want to have to do the full job and if I can do none then that is perfect.

Again I do not ramp or mud.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have nitro 37/12.50/17 AT on my daily driver. I have done a lot of pinch weld and liner trimming. If you off road at all and work your suspension, you will also rub on the top of the front fender. It's up to you with how much trimming you wanna do. There are many many threads on what and where to trim and how people make it work. I love my 37's and they have never had a rubbing issue after my trimming.

OP
OP
dhanni848

dhanni848

Reaction score
I have nitro 37/12.50/17 AT on my daily driver. I have done a lot of pinch weld and liner trimming. If you off road at all and work your suspension, you will also rub on the top of the front fender. It's up to you with how much trimming you wanna do. There are many many threads on what and where to trim and how people make it work. I love my 37's and they have never had a rubbing issue after my trimming.

Thank you for the info. I read a good bit on how to and where to trim as well. Being honest I am not sure that it will ever see offroad while I own it. Not really anywhere to do it around here, and the most work I make it do is tow my boat around.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow a 25' speed boat with mine. Under more load you are likely to rub into driveways etc. before trimming, I couldn't even turn into a shopping center with rubbing like crazy.

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i went to 37" tire with 0 offset i had to remove flare to drive. There is no other good way to go with bigger tire then do trimming. You can play some with alignment get more space were the pinch welds are but you will rub still some. If you are going with+18 offset and BFG's you don't necessarily need to cut flare but i wouldn't recommend jumping it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dhanni848

dhanni848

Reaction score
When i went to 37" tire with 0 offset i had to remove flare to drive. There is no other good way to go with bigger tire then do trimming. You can play some with alignment get more space were the pinch welds are but you will rub still some. If you are going with+18 offset and BFG's you don't necessarily need to cut flare but i wouldn't recommend jumping it.

Wheels are 20" so I can't do BFGs, and that is the big problem :(. Unless someone can source me some 17" NVs and 37" BFGs for under $2k haha

Truck won't ever be jumped.

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels are 20" so I can't do BFGs, and that is the big problem :(. Unless someone can source me some 17" NVs and 37" BFGs for under $2k haha

Truck won't ever be jumped.

Sorry didn't see that you wanted AT's, i know BFG has KM2's in 20" if that helps.

OP
OP
dhanni848

dhanni848

Reaction score

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I did a ton of googling, but I have never put the forum url in, just Ford Raptor. I will look through these.

Top result seemed relevant to this question.

Also, using the Site: modifier on google is the best way I've found to reliably search FRF and actually find what I am looking for.