All terrain tire help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I live in Seattle, need tires for wet, snow, off road. Looking for 20" with a nice looking tread. I love the look of the Toyo mud terrain, but don't think they'll do well in snow. Suggestions?

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
honestly id stick with the BFG's, unless you really really want 20" rims (no offence but really?!) living in chicago and having lots of family with farm land, i have the same tires (just smaller) on my old truck and i can say without a doubt the BFG AT's preformed very well in snow and quite well in mud, and had little road noise. they kinda pissed me off in snow, when i wanted to play around and do alot of sliding... and well i didint slide much.... damn good tires... lol

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ Agreed. I think the BFGs are one of the best "all around" tires. They also last forever. :peace:

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ive had bfgs in the past an love them just get mud flaps if you go mudding/on gravel/or jus sketchy terrain they kick alot of stuff up at the worst time

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't underestimate the TOYO mt, for all environments, we have customers getting 40k+ on superdutys, we run them on all of our race vehicles, from short course to desert.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Man I just looked at my BFG's today and they're missing chunks of rubber everywhere! WTF when did that happen???? I didn't think I was being that hard on them.

I'm planning on putting my Methods/Toyos on this winter or sooner if I go muddin'.

Banned
Reaction score
I'd definitely look at the toyos. Bunch if friends run em and they do some pretty intense mudding/fun in the snow during winter.

I know this has been mentioned, but, 20's? Really? :p

I guess it's personal preference but I like to have some meaty tires, looks weird IMO with 20's an 35's

-Posted with my iPhone.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Man I just looked at my BFG's today and they're missing chunks of rubber everywhere! WTF when did that happen???? I didn't think I was being that hard on them.

I'm planning on putting my Methods/Toyos on this winter or sooner if I go muddin'.

Happened to me at 12,000. Got me some Nitto Trail Grapplers MT's and have had them for 38,000 miles. About 60-70%.