Against my better judgement, I broke down and installed KO2s....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....actually, 37/12.50/17 BFG AT KO2s on "0" offset ProComp 5035 wheels. My truck is on mid-perch, but no hammering, cutting, yadda, yadda. I was very apprehensive, but I got a killer deal on both the KO2s and ProComps, that I couldn't resist. How did it turn out?

Txuuaz.jpg NdS7Oj.jpg vrU07u.jpg 7Is4B8.jpg

I love it! I'm not a huge fan of all black wheels, but they have grown on me.
Is there any rubbing? With the wheel cranked in an off camber situation, it will slightly rub. I've trimmed the corner off the inside of the fender flare at the back of the wheel well. That was the only place where a lug could catch the flare and potentially rip it off....but only when turning. I've since bombed down some of my favourite old fire roads and no rubbing at all. But that is pretty much the extent of my off-roading....severe articulation on a trail and/or jumping will definitely create major contact but only at the rear corners of the fender...everywhere else there is quite a bit of clearance. For a street queen, there would be no issue at all. Come Spring, I'm going to create a bit more clearance at the rear corner of the fender...but it's good for now! Hope this helps someone pull the trigger!

I've also been living with my AMP Research PowerSteps for the entire Summer and they have been fantastic. I find they really help clean up the lines of the truck and tuck out of the way. We'll see how they do this Winter with slush/snow build up, but I'll be diligent about keep them clear of crud so they don't seize up.

***EDIT - I would not attempt this with any other 37" tire as the BFG K02 seems to be the dimensionally shortest/narrowest of 37/12.5-/17 tires. For example, the Toyo M/T is much bigger and has a more square profile so it would most definitely rub everywhere without at least moving to the top perch and 'glass fenders.

Last edited:

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, you can get pre-cut panels of clear bra for the lower sides of your doors. You'll just have to find a company close to you to order through and install. I have the Amp steps as well, and installed the clear bra to prevent chips. So far, so good. Been close to a year.

Truck looks great, btw!!

OP
OP
Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, you can get pre-cut panels of clear bra for the lower sides of your doors. You'll just have to find a company close to you to order through and install. I have the Amp steps as well, and installed the clear bra to prevent chips. So far, so good. Been close to a year.

Truck looks great, btw!!

Great minds! ;) That's exactly what I'm going to do...install 3M Clear Bra panels along the lowers/rockers to protect against debris. I know of a great shop that does wraps, so I'm going to have that done before Winter.

Thanks!

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
looks like shit. hold on.....i dropped my phone in the toilet again. ill opine after i do some cleaning up

edit: Looks great. i prefer black sidewall but thats just me

Last edited:

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks really badass. Best picture of KO2 37s on mid perch. Good work!