Aftermarket Lug Nuts For Factory Beadlocks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just scored some factory beadlocks with tires, 250 miles on them. I want to put aftermarket lug nuts on when I put them on my truck. what is everybody/anybody using for aftermarket lug nuts for factory wheels?

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the new Gorilla black ones, just came out this month. I ordered a set.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161600211130

I know it seems like a stupid question, but will these work with Method wheels? I know that typically, the skinny splined lugs are used (what I have now). Just thinking that since these lugs "acorn" out in the seat, won't they be able to sit in the methods as much as possible and still get a solid seat in there?

I'm intrigued by getting a beefier lug on the truck.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it seems like a stupid question, but will these work with Method wheels? I know that typically, the skinny splined lugs are used (what I have now). Just thinking that since these lugs "acorn" out in the seat, won't they be able to sit in the methods as much as possible and still get a solid seat in there?

21mm or 13/16 is a big hex for most aftermarket wheels. Probably not an issue with Method since the lug holes aren't deep. If they make this same kit in a 19mm or 3/4 head I'd go with that. If not just carry a thin wall socket.

One other downside IMO is the length. Those are over 2" as where most splines are less the 2". I don't like the look of the tall lugs. Especially with flush caps ;)

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @LEEHWCAP, very good point about the length of the lugs. Would love to get the shortest lugs I could get. I thought I saw some post before (from a while back) with guys who got some pretty short lugs. Would love a short, thicker lug rather than the long, skinny splined lugs I have now. Not a huge deal, just a small detail. Anyone have recommendations for a shorter black lug that fits methods?

D

Deleted member 12951

I would say, No
I say that because stock lugnuts will not work with methods. Get lugnuts for methods

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @LEEHWCAP, very good point about the length of the lugs. Would love to get the shortest lugs I could get. I thought I saw some post before (from a while back) with guys who got some pretty short lugs. Would love a short, thicker lug rather than the long, skinny splined lugs I have now. Not a huge deal, just a small detail. Anyone have recommendations for a shorter black lug that fits methods?

I think you would have to get these powder coated. Me and Vince (cap guy) spent a lot of time looking for short black. I've called all my suppliers and they only do short chrome in the hex pattern and nothing short in the spline. I have them in stock if you need some. Shoot me a text or PM

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 159