Additional info on running 37's and stock fenders.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run top perch, 37" BFG KM2s, Geiser Bros Progressive Springs, & Inner & Outer CV Boots from O'Reillys..no issues at all, no rubbing. I have a procharger, rpg prerummer bumper, & a ton of lights up front for some added weight. Also, no cam bolts were needed for the alignment. The front sits a tad bit higher (.25"-.5") higher than the rear does.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run top perch, 37" BFG KM2s, Geiser Bros Progressive Springs, & Inner & Outer CV Boots from O'Reillys..no issues at all, no rubbing. I have a procharger, rpg prerummer bumper, & a ton of lights up front for some added weight. Also, no cam bolts were needed for the alignment. The front sits a tad bit higher (.25"-.5") higher than the rear does.

Gieser Bros springs on TOP perch? Have you had any issues? How long have you been on top perch with them? How does it ride? I have those springs at bottom perch (mid perch equivalent) and love the ride. I am tempted to go mid perch on them but top perch seems like it would be pushing things.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gieser Bros springs on TOP perch? Have you had any issues? How long have you been on top perch with them? How does it ride? I have those springs at bottom perch (mid perch equivalent) and love the ride. I am tempted to go mid perch on them but top perch seems like it would be pushing things.
I had it on mid perch for over a half a year & now top perch for a few weeks. It rides amazing now. I like it better than mid perch. It's a bit firmer, but still softer than any other truck I drive or rode in. I replaced my CV boots with the thicker ones to prevent any problems.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had it on mid perch for over a half a year & now top perch for a few weeks. It rides amazing now. I like it better than mid perch. It's a bit firmer, but still softer than any other truck I drive or rode in. I replaced my CV boots with the thicker ones to prevent any problems.

what CV boots did you go with?

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the op for the info. I just hammered the pinch welds and cut the fenders and flares. I'll be putting Toyo RT 37X12.5 tires on the truck soon, and with my 0 offset Methods, it looks like I will have plenty of room.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running the Toyo 37's on stock fenders for about two weeks now without issue. I've not had the chance to jump it, but it has been stuffed and nothing seems to rub. I managed to keep the liners in and keep them sort of okay looking. You pretty much have to stick your head into the wheel well to really see the modifications.
I didn't take pics of the whole process, but these pics should show the general idea. I started by hammering the pinch welded seems on the cab. The next step was pulling out the liners and removing the flares. I did all of the trimming with a small hand saw and a pneumatic cut off wheel.

Stock, w/o flare. Not my truck...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440778595.828135.jpg

Fender trimmed up, liners slotted and zip tied to lip of fender.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440778937.653062.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440778949.904069.jpg
Flare trimmed, it's lip is about 1/2" wide now and allows the tire to tuck inside. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440779007.192696.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440779028.243940.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440779041.110773.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440779063.562098.jpg
From the outside, it's not readily apparent how much cutting has been done. This modification yields 3.5" of extra clearance for the tire. I'm using the 37/12.5 Toyo RT on 0 offset Methods. If I had the 37/13.5 Toyo MT, I think the flare would need to be trimmed to less than a 1/4" lip to have any chance of that tire clearing. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440779450.894757.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440779460.943766.jpg
I like the look and proportions of the stock fenders, and I don't have to deal with fitment/quality/cost of fiberglass. I think this is a viable option for running 37's, as long as you don't mind cutting. My truck is a 2010 with 93k on it and has been beat on extensively, so it's a perfect candidate for this mod.

Last edited:

never_summer

Reaction score
Damn I bought fenders not thinking I could run 37's. I'm running the stock 2.5 and bet the 3.0 help a lot