About to pull the trigger on new tires...help me decide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had them on my Jeep and was very happy with them. But I don't want 35s. I've read some threads about folks who've bought 37s, and they are all over the board on what they "needed" to do to fit them. There the only thing that is staying my hand.

I'm intrigued by the Nittos because of their Terra Grappler line, which seems to have better traction on pavement and might also serve for some light off roading. Since this application is 95% street, I'm thinking they might be a better choice. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I think I like these wheels.

5evuby4y.jpg

Methods Fat Fives.

Those of you with Methods, what do you do for SVT center caps?

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are mounting my cooper stt's as I type this. Ill post up some pics in a bit

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are mounting my cooper stt's as I type this. Ill post up some pics in a bit

Please! I'm torn. Right now I'm leaning towards the Method Fat Fives and the 37x12.5x17 Goodyear with Kevlar. $3900 OTD. Includes mid perch adjustment, mounting, balancing and alignment, plus a road hazard warranty, taxes and other fees. And this is for 5 wheels and tires. I need to see others to compare.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I thought I read somewhere in my life that 37's wont fit as a spare under the truck without some modification. I think you need to make room in the front inner fender for the tires to fit. I like the methods, I have a different version on mine though and used the method caps.

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its pouring outside so no pics until tomorrow but I weighed them. 110# on the nose on 17" method nv's. 3.75 oz was the most weight needed to balance. They look very nice I'm wating on lugs to mount them on the truck

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read in a large 37" tire thread that the 37" spare fits. Barely, but it fits. Guess I'll find out!

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Falken Wildpeak AT 37/70/17 fits in the spare location....barely.