37x12.5 Toyo R/Ts, Help me decide!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agent_X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I know its been covered in several threads but I really can't find much info or want to look 8 years back in threads, but here is my question.

I have glass fenders on order and soon to be delivered, currently have 35's and want to move up to 37x12.5 Toyo R/Ts. What are some recommendations for switching over (Im willing to hammer the pinch welds, not willing to do top perch), should I change over before glass fenders or wait until glass is installed? Currently, off-roading is slim to none, but when it is, it is moderate. I will also be moving from the Tennessee woods to the El Paso, Texas desert soon.

I want to wait until I have glass installed to purchase 37's because I don't want to be limited on my off-roading but I also want to pull the trigger already on the more beast look of 37's. What do you guys think? Those with 37 Toyo R/T on stock fenders, please post pictures.

Current set-up: Mid-Perch with 35x12.5R17 General Grabbers on Method NV. Stock suspension Front and Rear.

OP
OP
A

Agent_X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the link. It was helpful information if I decide to run 37s on stock, but my question is, is it worth going 37s with stock or should I just wait until my glass fenders arrive? I like to hear some opinions.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would wait for the fenders. The 37's will fit stock with hammered welds and maybe a little trimming here and there, but you take the chance of ruining something if you hit something just right. It really doesn't take that long to install the fenders, and then you will be worry free. What fenders are you going with? Are you reusing stock inner liners or going with new inners? What wheels do you have? All of this will make your project either harder or easier.

OP
OP
A

Agent_X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be going with Fiberwerx fenders and keeping the stock liners. I planned on doing the pinch welds without or without the new glass fenders.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, so I know its been covered in several threads but I really can't find much info or want to look 8 years back in threads, but here is my question.

I have glass fenders on order and soon to be delivered, currently have 35's and want to move up to 37x12.5 Toyo R/Ts. What are some recommendations for switching over (Im willing to hammer the pinch welds, not willing to do top perch), should I change over before glass fenders or wait until glass is installed? Currently, off-roading is slim to none, but when it is, it is moderate. I will also be moving from the Tennessee woods to the El Paso, Texas desert soon.

I want to wait until I have glass installed to purchase 37's because I don't want to be limited on my off-roading but I also want to pull the trigger already on the more beast look of 37's. What do you guys think? Those with 37 Toyo R/T on stock fenders, please post pictures.

Current set-up: Mid-Perch with 35x12.5R17 General Grabbers on Method NV. Stock suspension Front and Rear.

Keep in mind that the 37" Toyo M/T's are 13.5" wide. Make sure you have the 0 offset first and really make sure the firewall pinch welds are pushed back as far as possible. And hack that bottom 90 degree corner off as well. The Toyo 37's rub more easily than others due to it's size.

If you need any advice on trimming your stock fenders for fitment, give me a call at 818.400.4020. And keep in mind before cutting the stock fenders that after you get the bigger fenders, you can sell your stocks for a good price unaltered. Just a bit of patience in this matter.

-Kirk S.
Raptor Addict

dusty505

Reaction score
I have 37" Toyo RT's on my truck and haven't had much to any rubbing. I have my pinch welds trimmed and hammered and I tucked the liner back in the corners using heavy duty zip ties. The trucks on mid perch with Method NV's, but I have fiberwerx on the way as I'm changing the suspension.

Attachments

• 20160320_103553.jpg
    20160320_103553.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 374
  • 20160319_151321.jpg
    20160319_151321.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 336

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! That's good news on the little to no rubbing part. One day I hope to run 37s and keep stock fenders

OP
OP
A

Agent_X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the picture. Been wanting to see the setup I'm thinking of running, and in your same situation, got Fiberwerx fenders on the way.