37x12.5 BFG KO2s with 17x8.5(0 offset)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayzwill

Reaction score
So, I was talking with my tire dealer about ordering some 37" BFG KO2s. He was somewhat hesitant with trying to put the 37x12.5 tires on the 17x8.5 Method Mesh wheels due to the sidewall bulging and potentially ruining the tire. But, the reason why i got the 17x8.5(0 offset) was because everytime i asked different Raptor parts vendors like Texas Motor Works and Addictive Desert Designs, they said unless you do a 0 offset you will run the risk of damaging the fender or liner even if you have the aftermarket fenders like Boatec or Glassworks. Has anyone run these tires or something similar with a 17x8.5(0 offset) wheel? Just looking to see what other people have experienced with this sort of setup.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
There are a ton of us running this exact setup.

What would cause the bulging tire to be ruined according to your tire guy?

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
So, I was talking with my tire dealer about ordering some 37" BFG KO2s. He was somewhat hesitant with trying to put the 37x12.5 tires on the 17x8.5 Method Mesh wheels due to the sidewall bulging and potentially ruining the tire. But, the reason why i got the 17x8.5(0 offset) was because everytime i asked different Raptor parts vendors like Texas Motor Works and Addictive Desert Designs, they said unless you do a 0 offset you will run the risk of damaging the fender or liner even if you have the aftermarket fenders like Boatec or Glassworks. Has anyone run these tires or something similar with a 17x8.5(0 offset) wheel? Just looking to see what other people have experienced with this sort of setup.

Find a new tires deal!!!!

There's absolutely no reason why you can't run that tire on a 8.5" wheel.

OP
OP
jayzwill

jayzwill

Reaction score
There are a ton of us running this exact setup.

What would cause the bulging tire to be ruined according to your tire guy?

Basically, what he told me is the bulging would cause excess wear and tear on the side wall. I'm extremely green when it comes to the aftermarket world, so that is why i posed this question to everyone.

I really appreciate having this sounding board, that is for sure!

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically, what he told me is the bulging would cause excess wear and tear on the side wall. I'm extremely green when it comes to the aftermarket world, so that is why i posed this question to everyone.

I really appreciate having this sounding board, that is for sure!

Like everyone else said the tire guy is a ruhtard. The truck comes stock with 12.50 tires on 8.5 wheels. However it is on BFG and the Tire Racks website showing recommended rim width. 8.5-11"

Attachments

• 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 171

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run the 37' KO2s with Glass.....off roaded plenty and absolutely no issues. Good Luck