37's on wifes new supercrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RallyeX

Reaction score
We bought a 2014 Supercrew last weekend for her. She wants to run the Toyo M/T Open Countrys 37x13.5/17 on stock Raptor bead lock wheels and shocks on middle perch. Also will roll the lip inside the fender wells front and rear. Will this be ok? Any rubbing issues?

She also ordered front and rear bumpers from RPG. Also on order AMP electric side steps, 40" light bar and 2 3x3 led pods.

Thanks

_KOH9589koh67-vi.jpg

_KOH9773koh67-vi.jpg

Here is my 2013. Also have bumpers on order and going with 37" General Grabbers.

_KOH9774koh67-vi.jpg

And here is our serious Ultra4 build. This is at full bump. Building a LS1 383 stroker motor.

_KOH9720koh67-vi.jpg

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will she be taking it offroad? Compression of front shocks can and will destroy the wheel well if you're running 37's on stock suspension.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Ps, her truck looks great!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First of - your wife is super cool!!! Wish mine was as enthusiastic about wanting her own rig. Second - you look like your not scarred to do some work - get some new fenders and give her the big tires she wants. Feed the need!!!!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow that's awesome! If you don't plan on off-roading it you will be fine on mid perch and hammered pinch welds. Although you may get slight rubbing at full lock. @BearLeeAsian can chime in maybe

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same exact tires on my truck except they are 20s.

I had rubbing issues at full crank as @Bulletnjm suggested. But my pinch welds were not hammered in. You could pull off your fender / fender liner and hammer it in and see what happens.

A member on here ran 37 BFG with no issues (no off roading). It's because the BFG was a 12.5" tire vs toyos 13.5".

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Will she be taking it offroad? Compression of front shocks can and will destroy the wheel well if you're running 37's on stock suspension.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Ps, her truck looks great!

I have 37's on stock suspension with just mid perch. The key is getting aftermarket fenders and beating the pinch weld down. Otherwise you'll shred tires. With stock offset you may be able to get away with stock fenders if you don't offroad.

OP
OP
R

RallyeX

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Her truck won't see much dirt. Mainly towing the Jeep to the trails.

Jeff

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Her truck won't see much dirt. Mainly towing the Jeep to the trails.

Jeff

12.50 on a stock beadlock wheel i wouldn't see a problem at all, but with the 13.5 Toyo it actually measures out to like a 14.40 on a 10" rim .. so on the factory wheel i think it would still be close to 14. I run a 37/12.50/17 on factory beadlocks and have hammered pinch welds . No issues at all Just be careful at full lock