GEN 1 37s, stock wheels, mid perch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 6.2

I've done thorough searches on this and most everyone is running aftermarket wheels with offset. But what if I kept my stockers?

I know I can run 37s like this, but I don't want to be limited to street driving.

I know I'll have to do the pinch welds. I don't mind trimming. What I want to know is if I can still fully utilize this truck the way it was designed and rip it hard off road without breaking fenders.

I would get the ko2's.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JnJraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing it with stock wheels on mid perch. But I also have the progressive rate spring on mine, which helps keep from bottoming so hard.

OP
OP

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing it with stock wheels on mid perch. But I also have the progressive rate spring on mine, which helps keep from bottoming so hard.
Can u post up a photo of your truck in this thread? I'd like to see how it looks. Would I have any issues rubbing up front?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
It works. I've done it with 37" BFG projects (true 37). I had really minimal rubbing, as in not even enough to care about, and everything cleared fine. Just do your pinch welds and with those K02 37's that are like 36.3" you'll be good to go. I ended up going to top perch which does clear them a little better though.

37's on mid perch
FaDhEsZ.jpg

Top Perch

5zq4sUO.jpg

cGZnjGd.jpg

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
any one have any pictures of how they trimmed the pinch welds?

pull out your liners and then make relief cuts with a grinder about every inch or so all the way up. Next grab your BFH and beat them as flat as you can. You'll also want to trim the bottom edge of the plastic flare to follow the metal of the fender behind it (when you look behind it you'll see what i mean).