37s and not re-gearing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BGA23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to upgrade to 37s and am on the fence about re-gearing, I realize doing so will help regain the lost performance from going to a larger tire but would I really notice the difference if I don't do so? Everything under the hood is stock, so no engine mods to help enhance the power.

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to upgrade to 37s and am on the fence about re-gearing, I realize doing so will help regain the lost performance from going to a larger tire but would I really notice the difference if I don't do so? Everything under the hood is stock, so no engine mods to help enhance the power.

You wont notice too much of a difference, I recently upgraded and havent noticed a major difference. however I do have the SVC tune and it does make up for the minor loss in power.

MOLONxLABE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove mine for a year on stock gears with 37 toyo m/ts. It was definitely noticeable, felt pretty doggy in the low end IMO.

I'd recommend re-gearing with 37's but I know most guys don't.

I went with 4.88s but 4.56s is as close to stock feeling you can get with 37s.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove mine for a year on stock gears with 37 toyo m/ts. It was definitely noticeable, felt pretty doggy in the low end IMO.

I'd recommend re-gearing with 37's but I know most guys don't.

I went with 4.88s but 4.56s is as close to stock feeling you can get with 37s.

I think you felt more of a difference because those Toyos are heavy and true 37s, whereas the BFG AT 37 is more of a true 35 and about 30lbs lighter, a TIRE than the Toyos.

So OP, it really depends on what tire you are going to go with as if you need to regear or if you can get by.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went 37" Yokohama geolandars and haven't re geared, it's not a heavy tire and I have a tune, I still think rehearing is the way to go, and I will do it soon, I also hear you can recoup some of your lost mpg, not sure if true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BGA23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to go with Nitto Trail Grappler, which I think is pretty much a true 37" and around same weight as the Toyos.