37 vs 35 opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For me I really think the 37's add a lot more to the off road ride than you might think for the amount of size change. Since you are willing to do all the trimming and such the only thing I would say extra is gears. I went with 4:88 gears and it really woke up the truck. Good luck with your mods!

Did u ever run the 37s without changing the gears? If so how much slower did it feel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G and Racing- Can you talk a little more about the gear change and what it did for the 37's and the performance about the truck? How much were the gears? What model di you use? I am about to get bfg at's in 37, but really do not want to lose any of the performance of the truck. I am willing to gears for sure, but need more info. Thanks.

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I did run the 37's with stock gearing. With a 5 Star tune, custom intake and SW headers and true duals I did feel a little loss of the snap off the line or coming out of a turn that was there with the 35's but we are really talking a small change and I was not unhappy with how it was running. Going to 4:56 gears would have been close to stock, I elected to go with 4:88 gears for a little extra. The truck feels much stronger with the 4:88 gears and I am pleased with that choice.
If you are going to offroad it hard then you are going to need glass, I went with glassworks, and you are going to need to cut back the firewall. This has been discussed a lot and you should be able to search out a lot of info.
The gears were G2. I agree with Tbone, if you are running offroad going with 37's and doing the correct mods you will never look back.

OP
OP
R

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes I did run the 37's with stock gearing. With a 5 Star tune, custom intake and SW headers and true duals I did feel a little loss of the snap off the line or coming out of a turn that was there with the 35's but we are really talking a small change and I was not unhappy with how it was running. Going to 4:56 gears would have been close to stock, I elected to go with 4:88 gears for a little extra. The truck feels much stronger with the 4:88 gears and I am pleased with that choice.
If you are going to offroad it hard then you are going to need glass, I went with glassworks, and you are going to need to cut back the firewall. This has been discussed a lot and you should be able to search out a lot of info.
The gears were G2. I agree with Tbone, if you are running offroad going with 37's and doing the correct mods you will never look back.

Awesome, that is the kind of review I was needing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drool at the look of this truck with 37's but I cry at the power loss that comes with them unless you change the gears also.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your raptor? So the gears are available for a 13? From which company? Can you talk a bit more about the advantages? Disadvantages? Thanks for all the info.