37" Tires on Raptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

runNgun29

Reaction score
I'm very confident in the people who did the mods on my truck. Yes we had a debate about top perch versus Daystar, and I brought up many of the concerns that you guys mentioned in the forums. In the end they agreed the Daystar was the right way to go for my application.

As for the Tuning, I was fortunate to have access to a programmer who programs many of the tuning modules on the market today. I going straight from his laptop to the trucks computer he was able to give me more horsepower than what I would get through a standard tuning module. He also strongly recommended I leave the stock raptor intake on as he could pull more horsepower from that intake versus an aftermarket one. I could be wrong about 467 RWHP. That might be overall HP. I'll check the Dyno sheet to make sure.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I never knew we lost that much HP at the wheels... :shocked::shocked::shocked:

WHOLE different ball game with 4WD, once you add a transfer case 20% is normal...

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I'm very confident in the people who did the mods on my truck. Yes we had a debate about top perch versus Daystar, and I brought up many of the concerns that you guys mentioned in the forums. In the end they agreed the Daystar was the right way to go for my application.

As for the Tuning, I was fortunate to have access to a programmer who programs many of the tuning modules on the market today. I going straight from his laptop to the trucks computer he was able to give me more horsepower than what I would get through a standard tuning module. He also strongly recommended I leave the stock raptor intake on as he could pull more horsepower from that intake versus an aftermarket one. I could be wrong about 467 RWHP. That might be overall HP. I'll check the Dyno sheet to make sure.

I'm sorry, but it sounds like your tuner has got you hook line and sinker. Some *uncompensated* dyno graphs would be great to see. Also, what type of dyno were they using? Was it the type that was built into the ground, or did they remove the wheels and attach a box to the hubs? For your sake, I hope I'm wrong but Hennessey claims 475hp at the crank with intake, headers, exhaust and custom (like yours) tune. At pretty much sea level in Texas. Being in CO, altitude (or lack of oxygen) is not in your engine's favor. Its not un-common to get 30hp with headers and a tune on this truck.

As for the spacers,
I would definitely NOT jump your truck with them installed. BigJ just posted a thread that showed just how badly his suspension was binding due to the added droop allowed by the spacer he currently has on his truck. It doesn't sound like your going to be doing too much of that anyway, but its definitely something to keep in mind when and if you hit the trails, because lets face it, how can you not hit the trails in such a beautiful place!! :peace:

Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh, I just can't stand shops that don't know what they are talking about and embellish/lie about things to sell products.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

johnlocal3

Reaction score
Your truck looks great...and ADV1 are tested for the Raptor. Also, what did you do to get that much rwhp with exhaust and a tune?

ADV1WBFordRaptor1-1024x679.jpg

ADV1WBFordRaptor7.jpg

Looks good, 20" rims? I see it looks like you painted you're calipers red also?

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard 20% ish is normal. After the drivetrain, you won't have all of that goin to the wheels. Anyone have some knowledge on how power is disbursed in 4wd? As far as how much power makes it to the tires

Motorcycles can have as much as 25% parasitic drag, but you can log the negative numbers off of the drivetrain to get a fairly accurate estimate of HP @ the crank, even though it won't make you any faster.
As a side note, I converted my 4wd Jeep to 2wd for that very reason.
Doing sand drags & on the dyno, the Jeep was quicker, weighed less & did not suffer the loss of power associated with the extra drive wheels(minus transfer case, drive train & front axle)

runNgun29

Reaction score
CineSLR, I appreciate your concern. First off the truck was not in CO when done and still is not. Second I stand behind my guy a I know many Raptors he's done, several for guys who race. Like I said before he is the one programs many of these Tuners you guys are buying. I'll leave it at that. He Dyno'd with the wheels on. It's a huge difference from stock and not just 30 HP. I don't claim to be an expert but this is not my first time doing this. I only hire reputable people that I trust to do the work. Just wanted to show some photos is all, not get get into he said she said, as I'm confident in the work done.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
CineSLR, I appreciate your concern. First off the truck was not in CO when done and still is not. Second I stand behind my guy a I know many Raptors he's done, several for guys who race. Like I said before he is the one programs many of these Tuners you guys are buying. I'll leave it at that. He Dyno'd with the wheels on. It's a huge difference from stock and not just 30 HP. I don't claim to be an expert but this is not my first time doing this. I only hire reputable people that I trust to do the work. Just wanted to show some photos is all, not get get into he said she said, as I'm confident in the work done.

you're talking about +57HP peak from a tuner? i'm sorry but that's hard to believe. i can see getting a nice HP spike at lower RPM(as compared to stock) but even the best tune(er)s can only grab a few peak HP at the wheels.

also, everyone who does dyno tuning or street tuning dials the specifications in "on a laptop" and then uploads a tune file to the truck. when you buy a SCT X3 tuner for example, you have someone like Mike at 5 Star creating a tune file based on data gathered using his tuning software on a laptop and then the actual device is just a means of getting the tune file loaded to the truck.

runNgun29

Reaction score
Billy Boat did the exhaust, first one they've made for a Raptor. They claim it's giving me 10HP over stock.
Yes I understand how Mike does it. This programmer preferred his own method because it gave him more control over the parameters he wanted to change vs using a 5 star module. I've seen his work many times, Dyno shows the specs, sorry. Once I get headers installed I'll have it Dyno'd again. But honestly it doesn't matter much to me. I was just looking for it to turn these 37's better than stock and it has done that and then some.

Last edited:

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could be wrong about 467 RWHP. That might be overall HP. I'll check the Dyno sheet to make sure.

Ok, that would make more sense. Still pretty high but whatever. To get to 475hp at the crank one needs a tune, headers, intake and exhaust. That usually equates to 370ish rwhp. With intake, tune, headers, exhaust and cams you will see low 400ish rwhp.

Interested to see your dyno sheet and would also like to hear your exhaust.