37" Tires - Nitto Grappler vs. Toyo Open Country M/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
What do you guys think about Nitto Grapplers vs. Toyo Open Country M/T? Are the Grapplers much louder on the highway than the Toyos? Any other thoughts on the tires would be much appreciated. As you can tell by my handle, I'm a rookie.

Have a 2014 Raptor, going with Method NVs and putting Boatec fenders / liners and going to mid perch.

Thanks!

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which Grapplers are you thinking...trail, terra, or mud? I have 35 Trail Grapplers on OEM beadlocks and they are considerably louder than the stock BFG's. I had Goodyear Duratracs on my Toyota and those were about as loud as the Nitto. I can't speak for the Toyo's. FWIW the Goodyears and the Nitto's are great tires so far. They balanced perfectly the first time and I've had zero problems thus far. The Nitto seems to have a larger footprint and appears to be more square compared to the Goodyear which appears more rounded(if that makes sense). I will buy the Nitto's again.

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyo produces the Nitto brand as a lesser expensive tire (in most cases), so by default, the Toyo's are a little bit better quality. I've had 40" Toyo's on a previous build, and the ride quality was great.

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend the Trail Grappler. It's not MT but can perform well in the mud and wers well.