37" Tires causing check engine light sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wwillmon

Reaction score
Jus this morning I got a check engine light on in my 2013 Raptor. I dropped it off at the dealership at lunch, they ran the code and said it was a sensor that was going off because of my larger tires. I am running 37" procomp's on a 17" wheel. They said it sets off when you go fast or something like that.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? and if so is a programmer able to fix that problem?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't have a go fast light. I feel cheated.

Sounds like more dealer BS. I could be wrong. Haven't heard of anyone else with this issue though.

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't make sense.....take it to another dealer....if this was the case no one on here would be running different tire or wheels than stock.....

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jus this morning I got a check engine light on in my 2013 Raptor. I dropped it off at the dealership at lunch, they ran the code and said it was a sensor that was going off because of my larger tires...

I'd like to look into this, wwillmon. What's the current mileage on your truck? I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea all the extra pressure on the headlight fluid will lead to a headlight gasket failure quickly. And it just down hill from there.

OP
OP
W

wwillmon

Reaction score
My truck just turned over 40,000 miles. My family does tons of work for this particular Ford Dealership (my dad owns a tint, stereo and accessory shop) and this Ford dealership sends about 100-200 cars a month to us, so they always take care of us when we need it.

So they didn't charge us anything and reset everything, so im not concerned about them trying to get money from us. Im just making sure I don't continue to have this problem, if its something I could fix by getting a programmer.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The tires shouldn't cause an issue but.....maybe the tires causing the speedo to be off from the GPS in the nav is causing a check engine light. If that's the case a tune with correct tire calibration should fox the issue

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk