37" Bfg,Methods,Mid perch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gas mileage dropped maybe .1 per gallon, and it will still fit in you parking garage. I am in Houston and have parked in 50 different garages. No issues.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gas mileage dropped maybe .1 per gallon, and it will still fit in you parking garage. I am in Houston and have parked in 50 different garages. No issues.

Wow! Only .1 MPG drop...that's hard to believe! Not calling you a liar, just saying wow!

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Only .1 MPG drop...that's hard to believe! Not calling you a liar, just saying wow!

I'm actually not too surprised by that. They only weigh a few pounds more than stock and they effectively raise your gearing, which does make the truck work a little harder to get going, but also lowers your cruising RPM.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually not too surprised by that. They only weigh a few pounds more than stock and they effectively raise your gearing, which does make the truck work a little harder to get going, but also lowers your cruising RPM.

I guess it depends on driving habits. I've had friends tell me they've gotten about 2 mpg less with 37's. I would imagine that would be the case with me. Maybe if someone drives mostly highway miles, I could see it being similar, but who does that and where's the fun in that?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess it depends on driving habits. I've had friends tell me they've gotten about 2 mpg less with 37's. I would imagine that would be the case with me. Maybe if someone drives mostly highway miles, I could see it being similar, but who does that and where's the fun in that?

Agree on the highway miles. Also agree that I would not be one of those people who would get the same gas mileage with 37s and don't care.

Didn't buy my truck for fuel mileage, either.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True dat. Not too concerned with gas mileage either, but more was just in response to the comment that there were no downsides. I would think decrease of MPG's and slight effect of acceleration would be downsides to me.

With that said, my next set of tires are most likely going to be 37's