37" BFG AT's installed today - White Letters Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FINALLY, after over 6 months of backorder, my 37" BFG TA's came in and I got them installed today. I decided to have the white letters out...old school. Already getting tons of compliments (more than usual it seems).

84B8E1F4-6D1C-481E-95A0-7330E25D4FE8_zpslcoye0ef.jpg

These tires are a perfect match for the truck. I originally didn't care for the stance after doing the mid-perch, but the 37's fill the fenders perfectly. Ride is great...an an extra inch (of height) never hurts. Also, no notice in any loss of power - big plus! Speed is a little off...you're actually doing a couple/few mph faster than the speedometer reflects now. I don't have an opinion on the mpg yet...I suspect I'll need to take into consideration the displayed mpg will now read less mpg than what real life is, since the mph is off. I'm going to reset my GPS trip counter and run out a tank of fuel this weekend to compare with what info the display reports. I couldn't be happier and it was worth the wait!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mad Max

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! It looks awesome rolling down the road with those letters spinning!

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pic. Was considering doing white letters out on mine.

OP
OP
Mad Max

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome- are you just at mid-perch nothing else?

Yeah, it's just mid-perch... I had been debating replacing/adding a spring to the rear pack, but put it off until I saw it with these tires... the stance looks perfect now, so I think I will leave the rear springs alone - unless I add weight or start towing more.

Archon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you trimming your fenders or getting new glass? I know they're smaller than other 37s but i would still worry

+1 on the white letters

OP
OP
Mad Max

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you trimming your fenders or getting new glass? I know they're smaller than other 37s but i would still worry

+1 on the white letters

There shouldn't be any rubbing at mid-perch at all on the street...although I haven't been off-road to articulate or compress the suspension. Trimming the factory welds might be a good idea if compressing. I haven't heard of anyone having any issues with these 37s (on or off-road), but perhaps some other folks can give their experience. I think as long as the wheel offset is 0 or to the positive, these will be ok with factory fenders.