37" BFG ATs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am considering upgrading to the BFG KO2 37s. I've read everything I can find on the forum. One of the things that is stated a lot is that you need to be on mid perch. This doesn't make sense. The bump stops for the front don't change from bottom to mid to top perch. So if you stuff the suspension on mid or top perch the tire will end up at the same place relative to the body. Mid or top perch makes it tougher to stuff, but if you stuff the perch doesn't help, unless you are a street queen. Make sense?

I am running RPG Fox 3.0 in the front which they say they set up to be about like mid perch. I am also running stock 2013 beadlock wheels. When I go off road I run pretty hard. From all I've read it I should be safe if I hammer the pinch welds and move the fender liners. Is this accurate.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 828

dhanni848

Reaction score
Anyone want to trade some black Method NV with 37s for some 20" Motos on 35" Toyo A/T!!! Just spend over an hour going through this thread, and I want this bad.

Adub35

Reaction score
So I literally read through the 53 pages of forums, and I have a few questions since I see that most of the discussion was based around when the new 37 AT's came out. I just purchased a 2011 SCREW Raptor 136,000 miles. Shocks have never been rebuilt. Fortunately I live in Northern CA, and will soon make an appointment to have them rebuilt and will definitely do mid perch and possibly flutter stack. I have stock wheels too. So if I do not plan on jumping and doing serious off roading do I really need to do the pinch weld. Since many of you have had your 37's on now for a while have you had any rub/wear problems with only mid perch no trimming and pinch weld removal?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
So I literally read through the 53 pages of forums, and I have a few questions since I see that most of the discussion was based around when the new 37 AT's came out. I just purchased a 2011 SCREW Raptor 136,000 miles. Shocks have never been rebuilt. Fortunately I live in Northern CA, and will soon make an appointment to have them rebuilt and will definitely do mid perch and possibly flutter stack. I have stock wheels too. So if I do not plan on jumping and doing serious off roading do I really need to do the pinch weld. Since many of you have had your 37's on now for a while have you had any rub/wear problems with only mid perch no trimming and pinch weld removal?

So, I'm running mid-perch/stock wheels/stock fenders and 37" Baja TAs and on the street I'm having zero issues with rubbing even bumping over curbs, up into driveways, or over big speed bumps. Off-road however the trimming and pinch weld hammering needs to be done for sure or the tires will do the job for you the first time you stuff them.

if you have aftermarket UCAs you may have a rubbing issue with them though, there's not a lot of clearance between my tires and stock UCA.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I'm running mid-perch/stock wheels/stock fenders and 37" Baja TAs and on the street I'm having zero issues with rubbing even bumping over curbs, up into driveways, or over big speed bumps. Off-road however the trimming and pinch weld hammering needs to be done for sure or the tires will do the job for you the first time you stuff them.

if you have aftermarket UCAs you may have a rubbing issue with them though, there's not a lot of clearance between my tires and stock UCA.

Your rubbing issue on the uca's is a wheel offset issue. Get a wheel with a 0 offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
37" BFG ATs

Your rubbing issue on the uca's is a wheel offset issue. Get a wheel with a 0 offset.

No rubbing on the UCA for me as I'm on stock UCAs. However with stock wheels and an aftermarket UCA there would be. I was just pointing that fact out. You're correct though. Aftermarket UCA = need for more offset

R4P70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been following this thread and read through all of it as well. Thank you for all the great info. I went ahead with 37" BFG KO2 on stock wheels, mid perch, 2013 with 52000 miles. No rubbing on the street so far. I did the pinch weld and fender trimming as suggested for offroad use.

I absolutely love the look of the new KO2 style. The ride seems smoother even though they are at the same tire pressure as the stock 35"s. I did notice a bit of a power zap coming off the line and mpg in town has dropped slightly. highway mpg has gone up. I only drove the truck a few miles on the 37"s and then applied an SVT tune so hard to compare before and after on power/mpg. I would not go back to 35"s, I love the 37"s and now the wife wants some on hers! :chewie:

Some comparison pics for you guys. I have 37"s on a 2013 mid perch raptor and 35"s on a 2014 mid perch raptor, both right around 50k miles.

12871-2014-35-2013-37.jpg

12874-2014-35-vs-2013-37.jpg

12869-35-vs-37.jpg

12870-35-vs-37.jpg

12872-35-rear.jpg

12873-37-rear.jpg

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
37s should have come on these from the factory. They just look so damn good. Nice side by side shot. Really shows the difference

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to run 37s. I know I need to be mid perch. I have stock wheels on my 2010 and stock fenders. Plan on keeping it that way. Can someone please explain what the deal is with the pinch welds? Sorry, not reading this thread for several hours just hoping someone can fill me in on what this means. I defin8tely plan on ripping offroad so if I need to do the pinch welds I just need to know what I need to do to them. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk