37" BFG ATs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- I disconnected by Neg terminal today, I will report if that fixes the issue!

* Seemed to fix the Nav issue, totally on track now and seems accurate!

- I called the three local Ford dealerships, all three gave me different direction:
* One said it takes time to adjust!
* One said they have no idea at all and the SVT tech was way too busy to ask!
* One said that it needed a computer update and that would correct it, of course he was sure he added that is would cost about $139.

~ Seriously, if anyone actually knows why this happens and why disconnecting the neg battery terminal is a fix, it would be great to add to this thread for others to at least understand why this happens. (not all on this forum are mechanically savvy!

* I had called a fourth, were i purchased my truck (Coconut Point Ford) and the service manager was willing to try and adjust everything at no charge, however he was unsure if it would correct that issue. I would have drove up there if the battery disconnection event did not solve the issue.

Last edited:

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah must be a drive-line rotation issue/calibration, otherwise mid/top-perch and taller rear springs would cause a problem if it was an issue from increased height.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah must be a drive-line rotation issue/calibration, otherwise mid/top-perch and taller rear springs would cause a problem if it was an issue from increased height.

* I think he was joking. I do not know why, however disconnecting the negative connection on the battery for a few minutes fixes the problem!

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
My nav is still spot on after the switch to 37's.

I forgot how this tread loves to pick up gravel and sling it into my rocker panels. Still not putting those gay mud flaps on.:supergay:

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My nav is still spot on after the switch to 37's.

I forgot how this tread loves to pick up gravel and sling it into my rocker panels. Still not putting those gay mud flaps on.:supergay:

as the Mud Terrain guys are saying, "Still not putting those gay rock slinging AT's on :supergay: "

lol :Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
44...but i think i'm gonna drop it to 40.

I drove it home with 50 cause thats what they put in them when mounting. Only advantage was that it stiffened up the sidewall for cornering on the street. I like 38 so far. I may go lower but I'll have to look at that stupid light if I do.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove it home with 50 cause thats what they put in them when mounting. Only advantage was that it stiffened up the sidewall for cornering on the street. I like 38 so far. I may go lower but I'll have to look at that stupid light if I do.

Why the switch from the toyos? Right that's what you had rich?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Why the switch from the toyos? Right that's what you had rich?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I had the 35" Toyo muds. Wore like iron and look pretty boss but I'm never in the mud and they got pretty loud as they aged, not to mention they were pretty stinkin heavy.

I wanted to try 37" without buying fenders so the BFG's were about my only option. I'm still rubbing at full lock so Ima have to do some more trimming.:buffer: