37" BFG ATs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll check out the side wall info on the stock BFGs and the new 36.3 BFGs sitting in my garage and let you all know later today. I did put the new 36.3s on a bathroom scale and they all come in right around 66lbs, if anyone was wondering. I'm planning on doing the pinch weld modification and fender flare modification sometime in January, so standby. I'll make sure to take pics and post them up. But I took notes on the pinch weld modification from GBrown1867 build thread and Warsurfers build thread. GBrown1867 and Bigg50 are going to help me out...so i'll have more info coming.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, just got home...and here is what I have to report on.

Stock tires: LT 315/70R17 (121/118 S) M+S (121/118 S at 50 PSI)

New tires: 37X12.50R17 (124 R) M+S (124 S at 50PSI)

So it looks like the load and the speed rating went up, which would explain why people with the 37 BFGs are getting better wear out of them. I would imagine that for being able to go faster and carry more weight, that the compound would be better suited for those factors. SO since i'm not going any faster or carrying anything more, that the compound will just help with life of tire and offroading. **Disclaimer** I'm no tire expert, in fact i'm no expert...:893karatesmiley-thu

Tire Speed Rating - Discount Tire

Load Index Chart - Discount Tire