37" BFG ATs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
37" BFG AT's or 35" Toyo MT's

I really loved the stock tires but wore out to quickly for me. I am most concerned about mileage and snow.

The stock tires use a softer compound than the 37's so wear wont be an issue. As for snow/ice I'd stick with the BFG's. Most MT's are terrible on ice, hard pack etc... They do well in the deep snow though.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37" BFG AT's or 35" Toyo MT's

I really loved the stock tires but wore out to quickly for me. I am most concerned about mileage and snow.

Just for a comparison I lost a MPG putting 35" Toyos on a 6.4 powerstroke. Or were you talking about how long the tires last?

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just for a comparison I lost a MPG putting 35" Toyos on a 6.4 powerstroke. Or were you talking about how long the tires last?

Tire longevity. My stock tires are currently at 21k and have been rotated and balanced every 5k miles. They are currently at 7/32 and brand new was 17/32. I've had my truck for 20 months and that included a 5 month break in the middle of no driving while I was deployed. I'm just trying to get some super tough indestructible tires that will last 50k plus miles.

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire longevity. My stock tires are currently at 21k and have been rotated and balanced every 5k miles. They are currently at 7/32 and brand new was 17/32. I've had my truck for 20 months and that included a 5 month break in the middle of no driving while I was deployed. I'm just trying to get some super tough indestructible tires that will last 50k plus miles.

That's going to be at odds with your goal of snow traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About time! Who's got the best price??

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Nevermind...I just went ahead and ordered 5 of them from my local Discount Tire store...should be in by the middle of next week.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
About time! Who's got the best price??

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Nevermind...I just went ahead and ordered 5 of them from my local Discount Tire store...should be in by the middle of next week.

I paid $350 per for my 5, and then i found a dude online selling a new one for $200 shipped.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were $400/each, but includes tax, mount and balance. I could have probably shopped around and got them a little cheaper, but I've been waiting over 6 months for the 37's, so I just don't care at this point lol. Also bought another Method NV for my spare... which bring me to a question...

Did I hear correctly, that a BFG AT 37 spare will fit (barely) under the bed?

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine were $400/each, but includes tax, mount and balance. I could have probably shopped around and got them a little cheaper, but I've been waiting over 6 months for the 37's, so I just don't care at this point lol. Also bought another Method NV for my spare... which bring me to a question...

Did I hear correctly, that a BFG AT 37 spare will fit (barely) under the bed?

YEah, mine was $355 with tax and shipping, still needed them mounted.

Yes it will. You might have it rub on the exhaust, so you can cut it off like i did, or add some extra heat shield.