36 Inch Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at tire specs & the tires seem to be less than advertised by manufacturer because the manufacturer is inflating these tires over 50 psi it states, & I'm sure they're no under load as well. Most of you are running 30 psi or less, therefore tire OD will be significantly lower than as advertised. I bet if someone ran 36" tires with low psi (lower than 20), there would be no rubbing issues, especially if you have aftermarket coilovers which raise the truck at least 1".

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was looking at tire specs & the tires seem to be less than advertised by manufacturer because the manufacturer is inflating these tires over 50 psi it states, & I'm sure they're no under load as well. Most of you are running 30 psi or less, therefore tire OD will be significantly lower than as advertised. I bet if someone ran 36" tires with low psi (lower than 20), there would be no rubbing issues, especially if you have aftermarket coilovers which raise the truck at least 1".

I don't think you wanna be running a truck that's this heavy with (lower than 20) psi on the Highway, Lol!

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back in the day they started offering the 36 as a sand tire, that's why it is offered so much wider than 35s or 37s - plus 37's didn't exist.

**** Cepek and Mickey Thompson are some early examples. I had 36x1650 fun countries on my old blazer. Looked killer, like a mini monster truck.

Banned
Reaction score
Ya in your dreams! So now your gonna tell us that a Ranger is better than a Raptor. Haha!

Hahahah ya man. It's so much better. It's got ten times the travel. No traction control at all, 5000 horsepower and can go 400 mph!!!!