35x13.5xR20 will they rub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
New to the forum and sorry if this is a repeat can't really find any good info on this. I want to go with toyo open country's and was wondering if anybody knows if there will be any problem will rubbing or fender damage at full compression, don't know if I will ever beat on the truck like that but don't want to worry if I go playing. The truck is stock for now. Also was wondering about wheel offset I like the wider stance but like I said do t want to tear up the fenders.

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd use a 9 wide at a higher offset +12 to +25 to keep that width away from the pinch welds. That being said, a 20x9 with 13.50 will look terrible. You cant really have both. I'd probably just settle with a 12.50

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Search, research, re-research. All this has been covered before. I'm not trying to be an a-hole here, but a stock truck with anything other than the original wheels / tire combo is gonna rub at some point.....

And, one of the best ways to learn is to just do it. I'm getting ready to install my second set of fenders, buy my 4th set of tires, etc. Trial and error is how things get done and makes us smarter owners. If you end up with extra parts, sell them and build your PayPal account balance!!!

Good luck!!!

OP
OP
Oilfieldtrash98
Reaction score
Ya man I agree but it's expensive! I think I'm going to go with some 12.5 ko2's with some fuel wheels. The wider stance looks so awesome but I think I would shoot myself in the face if I crushed my fenders. Thanks

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya man I agree but it's expensive! I think I'm going to go with some 12.5 ko2's with some fuel wheels. The wider stance looks so awesome but I think I would shoot myself in the face if I crushed my fenders. Thanks

Great tires. Running my them myself now with Methods. But be aware with an offset of zero, for example, if you air it out, they will still rub the stock fenders. Check the threads for trimming pinch welds and possibly the inner lip of the fenders themselves to save from damage.

Good luck!!!

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Honestly, you'd be happy with a 35x12.50x17 set of toyo m/ts. I wouldn't recommend going to a 20" unless you go up to 37's. If you are really wanting a bigger wheel but not having to worry about the ride quality being compromised, go with an 18" wheel and do the 315/70r18 toyo M/Ts like I have.

Btw, I love my M/Ts. I have about 50k on them and they've got about 10k miles left on them. One of them has had a cotton stalk broken off in the side wall for a year and hasn't leaked at all. It didn't even leak when I aired down to 15 PSI for silverlake sand dunes.

OP
OP
Oilfieldtrash98
Reaction score
Well I guess my original idea sucked haha you guys have changed my mind I'm going to go get a set of methods on days off and burn some off the tires before changing them out but I really like the ko2

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Great tires. Running my them myself now with Methods. But be aware with an offset of zero, for example, if you air it out, they will still rub the stock fenders. Check the threads for trimming pinch welds and possibly the inner lip of the fenders themselves to save from damage.

Good luck!!!

I looked for threads on trimming pinch welds but can't find what I want. Some help please?!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I guess my original idea sucked haha you guys have changed my mind I'm going to go get a set of methods on days off and burn some off the tires before changing them out but I really like the ko2

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

I looked for threads on trimming pinch welds but can't find what I want. Some help please?!

Try this. And keep searching. Look in some build threads......

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/post-pics-your-trimmed-firewall-37s-14178/?highlight=pinch+weld